- 91.1 % of IT security professionals stated that they perceived cyber crime as a major business risk
- 95% of IT security professionals in the financial sector perceived cyber crime as a major business risk
- 73% of CIO/CSO’s stated they there were concerned about data theft than hacking.
- 68% of CIO/CSOs stated that critical data was at risk
- 25% of CIO/CSOs stated that there had been a breach of their data
- 42% did not know if there has been a breach
Those who have had their data stolen deliberately, e.g by theft from an employee with access to the data, are 12 times more likely to be victims of fraud than those who have their data lost by accident (e.g missing laptop) Source