The impact of cloud security threats and the growing demand for certified individuals who can address them make obtaining a cloud security certification more important than ever. Earning a cloud security certification elevates a candidate’s understanding of cloud security technologies and opens new career opportunities for them. This article will discuss the best cloud security certifications for 2024 and their role in building a rewarding career in cloud security.
Why is Cloud Security Certification Essential?
According to Foundry, 69% of companies have accelerated cloud migration over the past 12 months (2022).
While cloud adoption offers organizations many benefits such as lower costs, scalability, and accessibility but also introduces new cloud computing security risks. As more companies shift to cloud computing, the demand for professionals who can ensure effective protection of cloud data against cyberthreats is growing.
According to the IBM Transformation Index: State of Cloud, 71% of enterprises are establishing new roles to meet the need for cloud capabilities. The right cloud security certification can provide individuals with the knowledge, technical know-how, and skills to identify, prevent and respond to evolving cloud cyberthreats and advance their careers in this rapidly growing field.
Benefits of Cloud Security Courses
- Cloud is the future: The use of cloud computing has been rapidly increasing in recent years and is expected to continue growing, emphasizing the need for advanced cloud security skills. Cloud certification training is essential for professionals wanting to stay ahead of the curve and advance their careers by opting for rewarding job roles in this promising field.
- Gain specialized skills: A cloud security certification helps candidates develop practical cloud security skills and in-depth knowledge to successfully evaluate, detect and secure an organization’s cloud infrastructure. Whether you’re just starting or advancing your career, the right cloud certification can help you become job-ready with in-demand cloud security skills.
- Increase visibility to companies: Companies prefer candidates with a solid understanding of cloud security principles, technologies, and frameworks. By obtaining cloud certification training, candidates can gain a competitive edge over peers and increase their visibility to potential employers.
- High-paying jobs: As employers understand the worth of investing in skilled professionals, cloud security engineer experts have the opportunity to earn handsomely, given the growing demand for advanced skills and proficiency. Cloud security certifications can be a great investment in building a rewarding career, as they increase your earning potential by helping you land high-paying jobs.
Become a Cloud Security Expert with EC-Council’s C|CSE Training
While a good cloud computing certification can help you build a successful career, choosing the right cloud security certification is one of the greatest challenges professionals face today. Organizations look for candidates with comprehensive knowledge of cloud security platforms, while the available courses only train in either vendor-neutral or vendor-specific concepts.
EC-Council’s CCSE certification is designed to overcome this gap and offers candidates a mix of vendor-neutral and vendor-specific training. It covers vendor-neutral concepts like technologies, policies, and frameworks and simultaneously helps candidates build expertise in configuring specific cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
In addition to learning best practices, candidates undertaking this course will get exposure to mastering the latest tools and techniques in performing forensic investigations in the cloud. This lab-intensive program offers comprehensive training in both technical and operational aspects of cloud security. Some of the USPs of the program include the following:
- a unique blend of vendor-neutral and vendor-specific cloud security concepts
- a detailed methodological approach
- a lab-intensive program with 50+ complex labs
- hands-on and instructor-led training.
- mapped to real-time cloud security job roles
- comprehensive knowledge and practical learning of security practices, tools, and techniques.
How the C|CSE Helps
C|CSE candidates learn the following:
- how to plan, configure, implement, and maintain a secure cloud environment
- Cloud security best practices
- Shared responsibility model
- forensics investigation in the cloud
- how to create and implement business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- how to design and implement governance frameworks in the cloud
- how to implement SOAR for incident response
- cloud security audit and penetration testing
- how to implement security for private, hybrid, and multi-tenant cloud models.
Top EC-Council Cloud Certifications on CodeRed
EC-Council’s CodeRed offers a multitude of cloud security courses that equip you with in-demand cloud security skills. Choose from the courses below to stay on top of cloud security concepts and technologies:
Introduction to Azure Cloud Security Tools and Services
This course helps candidates master the tools and services of the Microsoft Azure cloud platform by imparting vendor-specific knowledge in creating and deploying applications. In addition, they also get familiarized with Application Gateway and Azure Sentinel and learn the working mechanisms of Azure Information Protection. Especially applicable for professionals wanting to upgrade IT security skills, this certification goes beyond standard IT certifications and helps you build a career in cloud computing by learning to integrate the security aspect.
Microsoft AZ-500 Azure Security Engineer
This course focuses on helping candidates understand security within Microsoft Azure and hybrid cloud network infrastructures. It covers Microsoft Azure security and identity solutions, methodologies for protecting identities and data in the cloud network, and how they can strengthen security posture management. The course comprises comprehensive lectures, demos, and assessment questions covering all objective areas and prepares candidates for the Microsoft Azure Security Engineer Associate (AZ-500) exam.
AWS Certified Security Specialty – Cert Prep
This course provides an intermediate overview of Amazon Web Services security, compliance, and identity solutions. It offers training in AWS network and application security solutions, identity and access management, infrastructure security, data protection, and incident response. Candidates wanting to enroll in this course must have a foundational knowledge of networking and cloud computing, and a trial/paid AWS subscription.
Enterprise API for Advanced Azure Developers
This course provides the necessary skills and understanding to design and develop an enterprise-level API. It encompasses both functional and non-functional aspects of API design and development and teaches candidates to ensure consistency in schema definitions across all API services. Candidates will learn to secure APIs using Azure Active Directory and custom roles, create custom APIM policies, configure monitoring and alerting, and more.
Hands-On Azure Databricks and Security
This course offers a strong understanding of deploying Azure Databricks and the skills to read, transform and load data into the sink. The course will introduce Azure Databricks and help explore its evolution and purpose. Candidates will learn to deploy JOB written to process data into a spark cluster, perform automated deployment, and much more. As prerequisites to enrolling for this course, candidates must have a basic understanding of data science and data engineering and a computer with an internet connection.
In addition to these top-rated certifications, EC-Council offers several other certifications that introduce you to various aspects and domains of cloud security.
- AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Certification: This course covers essential aspects of Microsoft Azure Security Center and its importance in modern businesses.
- AZ-103/104: Microsoft Azure Administrator Full Course: This is an all-encompassing Azure course that includes VM creating, managing networks, Azure AD, monitoring, Security, app deployment, Load balancer, WAF, Autoscaling, and more.
- Exam AZ-301 Microsoft Azure Architect Design: This course offers demonstrations and modules to prepare you for the Microsoft Azure AZ-301 exam.
- Jumpstart Terraform 0.12 On Azure: This certification introduces the fundamentals of Terraform, the differences between Terraform and other cloud-native tools, and ways to build multi-tier Terraform infrastructure.
- AZ 900: Basics of Cloud Computing: This is a one-hour course that introduces you to the basics of cloud computing, various components of the cloud (private, public, and hybrid), the shared responsibility model, and more.
- Understanding Docker: This course focuses on what docker is and ways to implement, use and manage docker.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner – Essentials Course: This course is designed to offer candidates knowledge about terminologies and concepts related to the AWS platform, its security measures, storage options, and management tools.
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals MS-900: This course trains candidates in cloud concepts and focuses on Microsoft 365 Services, its security, privacy, compliance, pricing support, and more.
- Identity and Access Management – Azure Active Directory: This course includes everything about Azure active directory and teaches candidates to extend and deploy AD to the cloud, and more.
- Introduction to Cloud Computing: This one-hour introduction to cloud computing course includes evolution, various cloud models, data distribution in cloud data centers, and more.
- Containers and Kubernetes on Azure: In this course, candidates get introduced to the concept of Kubernetes, learn Orchestration using Kubernetes, and host web applications using them.
- Odoo: The Complete Master Class: Beginner to Professional: This course trains you in starting, managing, and configuring the complete Odoo ERP Echo System and provides an understanding of Odoo’s Administrative Features.
- Azure Kubernetes Service – Deploy ElasticStack (ELK): This course focuses on the fundamentals and features of Kubernetes, along with the workload deployment of KS.
- Learn to Develop for Cloud with Pivotal Cloud Foundry: This course focuses on introducing Cloud Foundry, deploying applications to Cloud Foundry, and highlighting the advanced features of Cloud Foundry.
- Managing EC2 and VPC: AWS with Python and Boto3 Series: This certification trains candidates to implement EC2 and VPC resources on AWS with Python API and Boto3.
- Serverless Computing on AWS with Lambda, API Gateway, S3, and DynamoDB: This course helps you understand serverless computing and learn about important serverless offerings from AWS and technologies like Lambda, API Gateway, S3, or DynamoDB.
- Azure Web Service with Front Door: This training covers the fundamentals of Azure Web app services, its benefits, and application deployment on Azure Web Apps.
- Build Microservices with Spring Cloud and Spring Boot: This course teaches candidates to implement microservices from scratch using the Spring framework, build quick and scalable RESTful services and integrate these services to serve customer requirements.
- Google Cloud Platform Essentials: This certification offers an in-depth understanding of GCP’s key building block services and trains in integrating key GCP services into cloud applications.
- Hands-On Azure Data Factory and Security: This course introduces and trains candidates in implementing and integrating Azure Data Factory.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate: Complete Course: This certification equips candidates with an understanding of AWS’s key components and trains them to design secure solutions using AWS technologies.
- Docker – Almost Complete Guide with Hands-On: This course is ideal for in-depth knowledge about Docker technology- application of the right Docker deployment workflow, best practices, designing multi-container workflow applications, and more.
- Cryptocurrency using Blockchain Technology: This course covers the basics to advanced concepts of Blockchain and Cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin and Ethereum blockchain, smart contracts, and various cryptocurrency technologies.
- Language-Specific Guides to Docker Containerization: This course offers the best practices and guidelines for creating a new Docker file in your preferred language and trains participants to develop and run their Docker image.
- Amazon Redshift Demystified: This course teaches to build a secure data warehouse with Amazon’s DWH as a service.
- Securing Data Warehouse in Azure Synapse Analytics: This course helps you understand the functionality of Azure Synapse Analytics, three types of data pools, and ETL orchestration with Synapse Pipelines.
- Implement Security in Microservices Architecture on AWS: This course offers a practical understanding of defining and implementing security in the microservices on AWS.
- Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals Exam (SC-900) – Volume 1: This course offers an overview of Microsoft security, compliance, and identity solutions for Microsoft 365 and Azure.
- Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals Exam (SC-900) – Volume 2: This is a 4-hour beginner-level course to learn Microsoft 365 security solutions, their uses, compliance standards, and more.
For more information, visit: CodeRed
Free Cybersecurity Courses at EC-Council CodeRed
With EC-Council’s CodeRed cybersecurity library, you can access 20+ free cybersecurity courses. These training certifications are curated to make you stand out from peers in domains like ethical hacking, programming, advanced penetration testing, and digital forensics.
Check out the free courses below:
- Python for Absolute Beginners: This course trains candidates in the basics of Python programming, installation, running python scripts in a terminal, and setup of PyCharm IDE.
- Learn Python 3 with Turtle: This is a step-by-step course to teach beginners the fundamentals of Python 3 programming with visualizations with the Turtle library.
- Introduction to Dark Web, Anonymity and Cryptocurrency: This beginner-level course teaches you to access Dark Web and Tor Browser and understand Bitcoin cryptocurrency.
- Android Bug Bounty Hunting: Hunt Like a Rat: This course introduces Mobile Bug Bounty Hunting, Bug Bounty Methodology, methods to set up an Android Bug Bounty Lab, and more.
- Network Defense Essentials (N|DE): This introductory course teaches the fundamentals of information security and network defense concepts needed to start a cybersecurity career.
- Ethical Hacking Essentials (E|HE) : This is a beginner-level course designed to help candidates master the fundamentals of ethical hacking and penetration testing.
- Hardware Projects using Raspberry Pi This is an intermediate cours. Hardware Projects using Raspberry Pi- This is an intermediate course especially designed for candidates interested in learning about the prospects of physical computing with Raspberry Pi.
- DIY Bluetooth Phone Controlled BB-8 Droid with Arduino: This course offers a beginner-level overview of creating a “DIY Bluetooth Phone Controlled BB-8 Droid with Arduino Mega”.
- Raspberry Pi Based Smart Emergency Alert System Helmet: This course teaches you the fundamentals of building your own Smart Helmet using Raspberry Pi Zero.
- Introduction to Raspberry Pi: This is a beginner-level course that teaches candidates to build software and hardware Projects with Raspberry Pi and Python.
- Configure Juniper SRX Router using J-Web: This course offers an intermediate-level understanding of the configuration of the Juniper SRX Router Using J-Web to provide internet service.
- Cisco LABS Crash Course: This one-hour crash course lets you master Cisco Labs and learn to configure the Cisco router to share internet service to internal LAN devices (DHCP, NAT/PAT, Route, IP, DNS).
- Learn Brackets – The Open Source Text Editor: This is a comprehensive course on Brackets – the free, open-source text editor.
- Introduction to TypeScript: This course introduces candidates to TypeScript, its features, types, and how to build simple apps using it.
- Selenium Automation Testing for Beginners: This course teaches you the fundamentals of the Selenium automation tool.
- A Practical Introduction to Cloud Computing: This course is divided into five modules and covers topics like characteristics of cloud services, cloud service models of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and XaaS, deployment models of public cloud, private cloud, hybrid cloud, community cloud, and more.
- Build Your Own NetApp Storage Lab, For Free: This course teaches you to use NetApp’s latest operating system ONTAP 9, to build a NetApp simulator lab from scratch.
- Introduction to SAN and NAS Storage: This course offers a solid understanding of Storage Area Networks SAN and Network Attached Storage NAS.
- SQL Injection Attacks: This course trains candidates on how to perform SQL injection attacks on websites.
- Cybersecurity for Businesses – The Fundamental Edition: This course focuses on imparting knowledge required to protect businesses/organizations against cyberattacks.
Jump-start your cybersecurity career now! Click here: Cloud Security Certification
Foundry. (2022, April 6). Cloud computing executive summary 2022.
IBM. (2022, September). IBM Transformation Index: State of Cloud. https://filecache.mediaroom.com/mr5mr_ibmnewsroom/194056/IBM%2BTransfor