Security Risk is Not Limited to Web ApplicationMany globally-recognizable retail outlets have dealt with enormous data breaches recently because they ignored application security. Billion-dollar companies with global footprints have faced massive data leakage, including their customers’ and employees’ personal and financial information, because their applications were faulty. Retail giants like Forever 21, GameStop, Panera Bread, Sonic, KMart, and Hudson Bay (Saks Fifth Avenue) are a few on the list of retailers with thousands of outlets that used POS machines or payment gateways that allegedly resulted in information theft. There are many more modern, digital platforms like Uber, Yahoo, Dropbox, Adobe, LinkedIn, and Tumblr who also faced similar breaches, owing to the same reason: lack of application security.
Top Components of CASE
- Security Beyond Secure Coding – Challenging the traditional mindset where secure coding means a secure application.
- Testing and credentialing secure app development across the SDLC.
- The most comprehensive training program for application developers covering techniques such as input validation, defensive coding practices,authentication and authorization, cryptographic attacks, error handling techniques, session management techniques, among many others
- An exhaustive range of labs to ensure real-world practice.
- Available for both .NET and Java
- Maps to the “Securely Provision category” in the NICE Framework