Agreement Between User And EC-Council
EC-Council Web-site and Services may include: (a) your use and submission of data, text, audio, video, images, software (including machine images), or other materials (collectively, “Customer Content”) in connection with the EC-Council Web-site and/or Services; and (b) the use of various tools, websites, electronic media and services EC-Council may provide to you in connection with the EC-Council Web-site and/or Services (collectively, the “EC-Council Tools”). If you are entering into this Agreement for a commercial entity, government institution, or any other entity (“Entity”), such as the company or educational institution you work for, you represent that you have legal authority to bind that Entity.
1. AGE AND PARENT/GUARDIAN CONSENT REQUIREMENTS:
- By using EC-Council’s website, you represent and warrant that (a) you are legal age of majority, in the jurisdiction in which you reside and agree to be bound by this Agreement; (b) if you are under 13 years of age, you are not allowed to use this website and access the services (c) if you are of the age of 13 but below the age of majority, you agree to have obtained verifiable consent from a parent or legal guardian; and (c) your use of EC-Council’s website does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your access to EC-Council’s website may be terminated without warning if we believe, in our sole discretion, that you are under the legal age of majority and have not obtained verifiable consent from a parent or legal guardian. (d) If you are a parent or legal guardian and you provide your consent to your child’s use of EC-Council’s website, you agree to be bound by this Agreement in respect to your child’s use of EC-Council’s website.
- Additionally, the age requirement for attending the training or the exam is restricted to any candidate that is permitted by his/her country of origin/residency. If the candidate is under the legal age as permitted by his/her country of origin/residency, they are not eligible to attend the official training or eligible to attempt the certification exam unless they provide the EC-Council or its representatives, a written consent/indemnity of their parent/legal guardian and a supporting letter from their institution of higher learning. Only candidates from a nationally accredited institution of higher learning shall be considered.
3. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
4. USE OF COMMUNICATION SERVICES
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic, name, material, or information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
Violate any applicable laws or regulations
EC-Council has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, EC-Council reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. EC-Council reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
EC-Council reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in EC-Council’s sole discretion.
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service. EC-Council does not control or endorse the Customer Content, messages or information found in any Communication Service and, therefore, EC-Council specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service. Managers and hosts are not authorized EC-Council spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of EC-Council.
Materials uploaded to a Communication Service may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
All content included in or made available through any EC-Council Service, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software is the property of EC-Council or its content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content included in or made available through any EC-Council Service is the exclusive property of EC-Council and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
All contents of the EC-Council Website are: Copyright 2022 by EC-Council and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY COMPLAINTS
8. NOTICES AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
We take claims of copyright infringement seriously and will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), we will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using our Services. If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Services infringes your copyright, you may request removal of those materials from the Services by submitting written notification to our Copyright Agent (designated below).
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Site by submitting a written notice (the “DMCA Notice”) to us with the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Service, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and, if available, email address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Completed notices should be sent by email to: [email protected] Upon receipt of Notice as described below, we will take whatever action, in our sole discretion, we deem appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from the Site.
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective. Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Services is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
9. NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
10. LICENSE AND ACCESS
11. YOUR ACCOUNT
You may need your own EC-Council account to use certain EC-Council Services, and you may be required to be logged in to the account and have a valid payment method associated with it. If there is a problem charging your selected payment method, we may charge any other valid payment method associated with your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your account, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. EC-Council sells products only to adults, who can purchase with a credit card or other permitted payment method. If you are not the legal age of majority and/or within the specified age limit as mentioned under the relevant provisions i.e., “AGE AND PARENT/GUARDIAN CONSENT REQUIREMENTS”, you may use the EC-Council Website and Services only with involvement of a parent or guardian. EC-Council reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, terminate your rights to use EC-Council Website and Services, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in its sole discretion.
12. MATERIALS PROVIDED TO EC-COUNCIL OR POSTED AT ANY EC-COUNCIL WEBSITE
- Further, you agree that you will not submit any Customer Content or Submission that is illegal, profane, obscene, sexually explicit, threatening, libellous, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights (including publicity rights), or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable, and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam” or unsolicited commercial electronic messages. You may not submit Customer Content or Submission containing official personal identification numbers or codes (such as social security number, driver’s license number, passport or national identification numbers, policy numbers, bank account numbers, etc.), or highly sensitive personal information not related to the EC-Council Services and/or Website (such as race, ethnicity, religion, religious/philosophical beliefs, political or union affiliation or opinions, medical or health information, sexual orientation, disability, etc.). You shall not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of the Submission or Customer Content. EC-Council reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such Submission or Customer Content.
- No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission or Customer Content, as provided herein. EC-Council is under no obligation to post or use any Submission or Customer Content you may provide and may remove any Submission or Customer Content at any time in EC-Council’s sole discretion.
- Notwithstanding anything foregoing, you may opt to remove your Submission or Customer Content from the EC-Council Website at any time you wish.
13. DISCLAIMER REGARDING CUSTOMER CONTENT AND SUBMISSION
14. YOUR SUGGESTION
15. USE OF THIRD- PARTY PLATFORM
16. RISK OF LOSS
17. RETURNS, REFUNDS AND TITLE
EC-Council does not take title to returned items until the item arrives at our center. For more information about our returns and refunds, please see visit https://store.eccouncil.org/terms-and-conditions/ .
18. PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
With respect to items sold by EC-Council, we cannot confirm the price of an item until you order. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalogue may be mispriced. If the correct price of an item sold by EC-Council is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.
20. SANCTIONS AND EXPORT POLICY
21. LIABILITY DISCLAIMER
THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE EC-COUNCIL WEBSITE AND/OR EC-COUNCIL SERVICE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. EC-COUNCIL AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE EC-COUNCIL WEBSITE AT ANY TIME. ADVICE RECEIVED VIA THE EC-COUNCIL WEBSITE SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR CAREER, PERSONAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL DECISIONS ETC. AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE TAILORED TO YOUR SITUATION.
EC-COUNCIL AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED ON THE EC-COUNCIL WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. EC-COUNCIL AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS, MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
SERVICE CONTACT: [email protected]
22. TERMINATION/ACCESS RESTRICTION
Any dispute or claim relating in any way to your use of any EC-Council Website and/or Service, or to any products or services sold or distributed by EC-Council will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify. The dispute between the parties shall be submitted to the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”) for arbitration in accordance with its rules in force at the time of application for arbitration (“Arbitration Rules”).
24. APPLICABLE LAW
Use of the EC-Council Website is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THE TERMS, YOU AND WE ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
27. Third-Party Connected Apps and Paid Services
The guiding principle of EC-Council Education Content and Labs is simple, we want to provide a safe environment to learn, practice, and assess Cyber Security Skills that directly translate to Job ready skills. We believe in providing our students, educator partners, and professionals with real software and live experiences that behave like those in the “real-world” because they are the actual tools and services used in the field, not simulations.
Third-Party and Internet Connected resources
To provide the most realistic learning experience, EC-Council may employ connections to live networks and services through its labs, and lab platforms. While many software and service providers provide education use licenses, trials, or are Open Source, some require a live account with setup requirements, and agreements you must review and consent to in order to participate in and/or complete the exercises in our Labs.
Subscription Fees and/or License Fees
EC-Council will never ask you for payment details, or sensitive information during our course of learning, however some of our Live Labs connect to third-party services such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc. While many of these service providers allow you to sign up for free tier usage, Education Accounts, or provide promotional credits for trials, many do ask for your credit card during sign-up and may bill for the use of their services, during and even after you have completed your course of study with EC-Council. Be aware, signing up for third party services may incur expenses related to the use of their services. Our labs can be completed without any additional charges unless explicitly marked, but you are ultimately responsible for any services you may intentionally or unintentionally sign up for when connected to those platforms.
CCSE, AWS, Azure, and GCP
CCSE provides labs that utilize three major cloud platforms, AWS, Azure, and GCP. In order to provide a thorough hands-on experience, you must create accounts with each cloud platform. While account creation typically requires a credit card, you do have options to bypass this; ask your school or training center if they are an education partner with these cloud players and complete your signup with an education account, or you can apply directly for a student account with each platform. If you choose to setup a live account with a credit card, be sure to check with each platform how to identify what services are being created that may incur charges. We do provide guides in our programs to check that all services created have been removed, and we do notify you if a lab activity may incur charges if done incorrectly or not terminated, but be aware, you are connecting to live third party services that charge for the use of their platforms if you exceed free tier usage guidelines.
If you are unable to secure and Education/Student account and are not comfortable creating a live account in these platforms, EC-Council provides comprehensive Lab Guides that include full instruction sets with screenshots(images) of each step. EC-Council also provides video-based walk-throughs of each lab for you to follow along without actually creating an account. Though with this method you won’t be creating an account or performing the live configurations, you will still receive adequate exposure to the platforms, configuration steps, techniques, and knowledge elements required for you to prepare for certification, or grasp the knowledge conveyed in the program.
Last Updated : 1st September 2022