International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council)
Advisory Board Application Form, NDA and Code of Ethics
About the Advisory Board
The EC-Council Advisory Board is a member-based network of volunteers that are recognized by EC-Council and the society as key leaders in the field of information security. They are carefully selected from either the academia and/or industry that are committed in creating current awareness in information security. An invitation is extended to these individuals to be part of the Advisory Board and the selection criteria is based on their credibility and contribution to the information security community. More importantly, they remain an independent voice for the industry.
Their leadership role is integral to the success of the Advisory Board and they can proudly declare their membership in the Advisory Board. With the formation of the Board, we hope to collect expert feedback on the developments to our present EC-Council certification program and to ensure that our – training program remains valuable and up-to-date, and that all EC-Council – trained professionals maintain and widen their knowledge base. The Advisory Board shall hereby be an advisory body that seeks to update and maintain – EC-Council’s matters concerning content of the courses.
The management of EC-Council shall refer to the Advisory Board for advice in matters pertaining to Training material as and when required.
Roles and Responsibilities
The role and responsibilities of the EC-Council Advisory Board members vary based on their area of expertise, the development projects at hand and the resource availability of members. Their contribution can be in many ways, some of which are stipulated below and are by no means exhaustive:
- Contribute innovative ideas/usable content for the benefit of expanding and propelling cyber knowledge and skills
- Provide technical reviews/edits on the specific course the board represents
- Provide practical knowledge and experience upholding EC-Council’s Advisory Board mission
- Represent EC-Council in global events for the benefit of the information security community especially for effective joint-marketing efforts with event organizers
- Indulge in the sharing of best practices and assist the management of EC-Council in driving global standards in providing world-class, quality certifications
- Contribute in terms of intellectual property and technical quality reviews in assisting EC-Council in disseminating knowledge and information pertaining to information security
- Mentor and advise by sharing knowledge and experience in a continuous effort improving the effectiveness of EC-Council certifications
- Advocate for EC-Council activities and events sponsored or supported by EC-Council, as well as promote peer interaction and professional development
None of the EC-Council Advisory Board members are part of the management of the International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council) and as such, they should not be construed to be part of the Board of Directors of EC-Council.
Re: Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement
EC-Council (“Disclosing Party”) intends to make available or have made available to the other party (“Receiving Party”) certain proprietary and confidential information including but not limited to members database, softcopies of courseware, power points, notes and research materials in connection with the management and training of the EC-Council certification programs between the parties (“Business Purpose”), in accordance with the terms of this Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement (“Agreement”). Such information so provided to the Receiving Party or its affiliates or its or their officers, employees, directors, agents or representatives (collectively, “Representatives”), whether provided before or after the date hereof and whether written or oral, together with all manuals, documents, memoranda, notes, analyses, forecasts and other materials prepared by Receiving Party or any of its affiliates or Representatives which contain or reflect, or are generated from, such information shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Confidential Information.” The parties now agree as set forth below.
Receiving Party shall hold Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information in strict confidence and shall not disclose such Confidential Information to any third party or use it for any purpose other than to further the Business Purpose without the prior written consent of Disclosing Party.
Receiving Party further agrees not to disclose and to cause its affiliates and Representatives not to disclose the fact that they have received Confidential Information without the prior written consent of Disclosing Party.
Receiving Party shall restrict access to the Confidential Information and the proposed terms of any potential transaction to its duly authorized Representatives who need to know such information in furtherance of the Business Purpose. Receiving Party shall further cause its Representatives to hold such information in strict confidence and not to disclose or use such information other than for the Business Purpose. Receiving Party will be responsible for any breach of this Agreement by any of its affiliates or Representatives to the same extent as if such breach were by Receiving Party.
Disclosing Party shall be deemed the owner of all Confidential Information, including all patent, copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights and interests therein. Receiving Party acknowledges and agrees that nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as (i) granting any rights in or to any Confidential Information or (ii) obligating either party to enter into an agreement regarding the Confidential Information, unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND DISCLOSING PARTY MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE, REGARDING CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, INCLUDING AS TO ITS ACCURACY. DISCLOSING PARTY ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY EXPENSES, LOSSES OR ACTION INCURRED OR UNDERTAKEN BY RECEIVING PARTY AS A RESULT OF RECEIVING PARTY’S RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREUNDER.
“Confidential Information” shall not include information that (i) becomes generally available to the public other than through a disclosure by Receiving Party or any of its affiliates or Representatives; (ii) is lawfully received by Receiving Party or any of its affiliates or Representatives from a third party without restriction and without breach of any applicable confidentiality agreement; (iii) was previously known to or is independently developed by Receiving Party or any of its affiliates or Representatives, or a third party; or (iv) is ordered to be disclosed pursuant to a final binding order of a governmental agency or court of competent jurisdiction, provided that Receiving Party will provide prompt notice of such order to Disclosing Party and cooperate with and assist Disclosing Party in connection with obtaining a protective order at Disclosing Party’s cost and expense.
Upon Disclosing Party’s written request, at any time, any Confidential Information disclosed hereunder and any copies thereof (including, without limitation, all documents, memoranda, notes, analyses, forecasts and other materials prepared by the Receiving Party or its affiliates or Representatives, and all electronically stored copies), will be returned or destroyed.
Receiving Party hereby acknowledges that the remedy at law available to Disclosing Party for a breach of the provisions of this Agreement will be inadequate and that, in addition to any other remedy that Disclosing Party may have, Disclosing Party shall be entitled to an injunction restraining any breach or threatened breach without proof of actual damages.
All Confidential Information shall continue to be subject to the terms of this Agreement until three years from the disclosure thereof. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Mexico, without regard to its conflict of law principles.
This Agreement may not be modified except by writing signed by both parties hereto. Neither
party hereto may assign this Agreement or any of its rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of the other. If any provision of this Agreement or any portion thereof shall be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect, and the affected provisions or portion thereof shall be replaced by a mutually acceptable provision, which comes closest to the economic effect and intention of the parties hereto.
This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, all of which shall constitute one agreement.
Please confirm your agreement by signing and returning one copy of this letter to the undersigned.
Code of Ethics
EC-Council Advisory Board Membership is bestowed on those who have provided outstanding contribution to furthering the growth of the cyber-security domain. The focus of EC-Council is to be the global voice and leader of all cyber-security professionals.
We, the members of the EC-Council Advisory Board, in recognition of the importance of our contribution in affecting the growth and knowledge base of cyber-security resources throughout the world, and in accepting a personal obligation to our role as advocates of cyber technology, and the communities we serve, do hereby commit ourselves to the highest ethical and professional conduct and agree:
- To focus on fostering professional standards globally by facilitating interaction between professionals from the information security domain and encouraging development of forums forged in the same
- To accept responsibility in advocating and evangelizing the need for a sound body of knowledge and promote the activities of the council
- To be honest and maintain our professional integrity at all times and all occasions so as to avoid real or perceived conflicts of interest whenever possible, and to disclose them to affected parties when they do
- To protect intellectual property and make available the same to other members to share, enhance and build the knowledge base of the
- To strive consistently to improve the understanding of information security technology, its appropriate application, and adoption in the greater interest of the global
- To sustain and improve the technical competence of the member body and to undertake knowledge dissemination tasks for others only if qualified by training or experience, or after full disclosure of significant
- To seek, accept, and offer honest criticism of knowledge sharing work, to recognize and correct inaccuracies, and to acknowledge properly the contributions of
- To be free of prejudice to all persons regardless of such factors as race, religion, gender, disability, age, or national
- To uphold the integrity and professional conduct of the council by rejecting false or malicious intent or action;
- To assist other members in their professional development and to support them in following this code of ethics.
Agreement of Undertaking Responsibilities
Every EC-Council Advisory Board Member agrees to fulfill the following role and undertake the responsibilities enlisted here to contribute to the growth and development of the council.
- I agree to regularly contribute to the evolving knowledge base (publications, forums and workshops) of the council in the area of my expertise, drawing upon my experience and knowledge.
- I agree to share my expertise over conferences, seminars and workshops for the dissemination of knowledge and adoption of information security practices and
- I agree to enhance the quality and reach of EC-Council knowledge publications through contribution in terms of intellectual property, technical quality reviews and help the council become a truly global disseminator of
- I agree to allow the management of EC-Council to promote any publications or original works done by me as agreeable on a case to case basis for educational
- I agree to mentor and guide the EC-Council chapter and member bases through knowledge sharing and being a part of the empowering platform for the greater benefit of
- I agree to be an advocate for EC-Council and its activities in areas of peer professional interaction.
- I agree to actively participate in the Advisory Board members’ forum and meetings to bring in
- Innovative approaches for EC-Council to better its noble academic initiatives.
- I will uphold the highest principles of ethics and maintain professional conduct.