Top Cybersecurity Services That You Need to Stay Safe
- Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing (VAPT)
- Remote Penetration Testing
- Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery Strategy
- Cybersecurity Posture and Maturity Assessment
- Cloud Security Services
- Digital Forensics
- ISO 27001 Advisory
- Compromise Assessment
- Identity and Access Management Policy
- Security Operations Center (SOC)
Penetration Testing in Indonesia
Stay One Step Ahead of Hackers with the Right Pentest
EGS is a trusted security advisor and provider that works under confidentiality agreements. Our team of experienced and attentive penetration testers is known for 100% accurate results. We know the pain of not finding the right candidate for your security operations and that’s why we are here!
We focus on your unique security concern and act on it with utter dedication.
Since we understand the importance of your daily business operations, we follow the law of “abstraction.” Our certified security professionals ensure not to cause any system outage or interfere with your employee productivity.
Since most businesses have low awareness of security, penetration testing in Indonesia by and large, becomes extremely important. Profoundly, it ensures a professional confirmation of the IT landscape. As a result, an attack on any of your IT processes puts the entire business at risk. Therefore, protecting your organization becomes crucial with a comprehensive posture assessment. To enumerate, it includes an onsite or remote penetration test of your organization by a globally qualified team from EC-Council Global Services in Indonesia. Given that, our consultants are ready to help you protect your organizations in Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Medan, Pekanbaru, etc.
Why Penetration Testing in Indonesia?
Two years ago, in 2018, the Government of Indonesia entered into an agreement with the U.S. on promoting strong cyberspace cooperation. Now to mention, the commitment embodies both the countries to boost cooperation in cyberspace as previously agreed. Even though there are many steps taken by the government, the country is not ready to defend and stay safe from cyberattacks, especially during the pandemic crises.
The government had failed to anticipate cybersecurity risks and people’s reliance on technology to work remotely during the COVID-19 outbreak, Unggul Sagena quoted from Digital Rights Group, the Southeast Asia Freedom of Expression Network (SAFEnet).
What is Meant by Penetration Testing?
Penetration Testing is a technique to protect your organization against external and internal threats by identifying security threats. It is an on-demand activity and EGS offers a broad range of network infrastructure, web application, mobile application security assessment services designed to detect and gauge security vulnerabilities.
How is penetration testing done?
Penetration testing is a process of intruding organization’s networks with an intention to find vulnerabilities and malicious content. It must be remembered that penetration testing is performed within a defined scope. In reality, it strengthens and defends the organization’s IT infrastructure. Likewise, it determines how vulnerable the cyberspace to the attacks. Another key point, the process of penetration testing involves a lot of planning. Hence, it is performed after taking permission from the management.
What are the different types of penetration testing?
The types of penetration testing vary with the scope and organizational wants and requirements.
Common Types Of Penetration Testing
Intelligence-led Red Teaming
An intelligence-led red team conducts testing back doors to simulates different scenarios of testing. It includes social engineering, physical security testing, hacking, malware insertion, pivoting, and more.
Cloud Penetration Testing
It assesses the security of your cloud storage concerning its Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), or Platform as a Service (PaaS).
Web Application Testing
Web app testing goes through various stages of enumeration, vulnerability exploitation, and identifying risks to your networks.
Mobile Penetration Testing
The process involves testing of design, data handling, authentication, and network communication.
IoT Penetration Testing
The number of IoT devices to the network is tested and protected.
This is not related to technology; rather, it helps increase the security posture and reduce insider threats.
Application Layer Testing
Each role in applications like mobile, desktop, web-application, etc is tested against various testing guides.
Broadly, Penetration Testing
Can Be Classified Into Two Categories
|Internal Penetration Testing
An internal penetration test involves gaining access to sensitive information. Specifically, it is a process where the network is intruded from within the organization’s systems and firewalls.
|External Penetration Testing
An external penetration test represents intruding the process from outside of the organization’s firewall. Indeed, this effort is a defense strategy to protect against external cyber attackers.
What is The Best Penetration Testing Tool?
It is difficult to decipher which is the best penetration testing tool. A skilled penetration tester uses a combination of penetration testing tools and not just one or two. As a matter of fact, various penetration testing tools are required to penetrate and test different verticals on the IT landscape. Significantly, few of the standard penetration testing tools are – Nmap (or the Network Mapper), Wireshark, Metasploit, and Nessus Vulnerability Scanner.
Additionally, EGS uses various other penetration testing tools. Following are the few of the main penetration testing tools used by our experts during onsite penetration testing in Indonesia or remote services.
|Acunetix, Burp Suite||Drozer||Mobsf|
|Exploit kit||OWASP ZAP||Metasploit|
How often should a penetration test be done?
Though the frequency of penetration testing varies from one organization to another. Many factors like size, business type, geographical location, etc. decide how often a penetration test be done.
If you are considering penetration testing in Indonesia here are the few factors to consider before conducting your next penetration test –
When there is a change in organization structure
When exposed to major threats or changes in the industry
To meet with compliances
|Various factors like changes in staff members, diversion in the business line, adaptability to new and advanced technology, etc. creates new risks to the security infrastructure. Consequently, performing penetration testing will ensure that your technology should mark with the changes. It is also important to initiate cybersecurity training for employees on the latest security standards. As a result, negligence attacks like social engineering, and other negligence-based attacks can be avoided.||Cybersecurity is ever-evolving and therefore, cybercriminals constantly attempt to creating new approaches to exploit vulnerabilities. For instance, breaches or new threat actors expose your vulnerabilities, and therefore, a penetration test is a must. Hence, penetration testing is crucial with a change in the environment.||First thing to remember is that organizations have to comply with the regulations of PCI DSS, HIPAA, etc. Hence, penetration tests should be carried out regularly, as defined by the acts.|
How Much Does a Penetration Test Cost?The cost of penetration testing in Indonesia is not fixed and is influenced by many factors. Henceforth, the cost of penetration testing in Indonesia varies with
- The skill of a penetration tester. Therefore, a certified and experienced penetration tester costs more than a fresher.
- The size and complexity of the IT landscape and network devices.
- The type of methodology used as different methodologies calls for a different set of techniques and tools.
- The type of penetration testing required – remote or onsite.
EC-Council Global Services comprises of advisory and technical teams with years of corporate, field, and consulting experience at an information security consulting. Simultaneously, our accomplished team allows EGS to demonstrate a vast knowledge of industry standards, benchmarks, and best practices that assure the best solution is offered to our clients while conducting remote penetration testing. Furthermore, each consultant assigned to the clients’ matter is a noted and published expert in his or her respective fields. Information security and operational risk consulting and an advisory is the sole focus of our practice and not the side-line interest of a general consulting company.
Additionally, EGS assigns a team of InfoSec professionals’ onsite and can make available a much broader team of exceptionally credentialed operational risk and resiliency experts that assist with:
Broadly, EGS is dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory, and economic environment. In addition, consulting professionals helping anticipate, illuminate, and overcome complex business challenges. Explicitly, EGS has the reach and expert resources located globally to provide our clients with broader expertise in the area of remote penetration testing.
Get your remote Penetration Testing done by
EC-Council Global Service (EGS)
Indeed, EC-Council Global Services provides clients with top-notch remote penetration testing services to identify known and unknown (zero-day) vulnerabilities, weaknesses, and gaps. Markedly, EGS analyzes the findings and associated risks followed by the comprehensive report, including a recommendation on remediation.
EGS adopts industry-proven technologies and standards such as OWASP, CREST, and OSSTMM. In addition, EGS combines robust manual penetration testing and finding validation conducted by highly skilled and certified professionals. In due time, EGS ensures the highest level of quality regardless of the geographical position of clients.
The EGS Methodology
- Information Gathering: Collect as much information as possible to gain a better understanding of the test environment.
- Scanning and Evaluation: Perform an automated scan on the target along with manual verification of findings.
- Exploitations: Exploit the vulnerabilities identified from the scanning phase through the use of both automated and manual techniques
- Verification: Conduct manual verification and analysis to validate all the findings based on test cases and standards.
- Report: Document all verified findings with their severity rating base on best practices and standard rating scores.
Highlights of Remote Penetration Testing with EGS
- High availability: Due to remote penetration testing, EGS can offer its services to any clients globally from different regions regardless of distance or any particular situation such as regional or global crisis.
- Geographic diversity: While the EGS penetration testing team consists of several certified cybersecurity professionals from all around the world. Correspondingly, with remote penetration testing, a client can easily engage EGS teams beyond geographic barriers.
- Fast and flexible: Remote penetration testing offers higher speed, and better flexibility as this type of testing only requires an IP range, URL, or remote access.
Our People, Our Strength
- Our penetration testing team is made of highly skilled and certified professionals with a proven record of delivering complex projects on a global scale.
- Our R&D team continuously reviews the approaches and methodologies of penetration testing. Forthwith, to ensure they align with industry-proven standards and frameworks such as OWASP, CREST, and OSSTMM.
- We employ comprehensive manual verification in addition to the use of automated tools. Consequently, ensures a high level of accuracy in the reports.
- We provide a cost-effective engagement that fits perfectly into your budget.
- Nevertheless, we produce a detailed and precise report with a meaningful summary, crafted for C-level executives, of the engagement.
We’re here to help!
Are you looking for more information? Or do you want to book a meeting?
Connect with an EGS Security Specialist