Top Cybersecurity Services That You Need to Stay Safe
- Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing (VAPT)
- Remote Penetration Testing
- Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery Strategy
- Cybersecurity Posture and Maturity Assessment
- Cloud Security Services
- Digital Forensics
- ISO 27001 Advisory
- Compromise Assessment
- Identity and Access Management Policy
- Security Operations Center (SOC)
Penetration Testing in Singapore
Stay One Step Ahead of Hackers with the Right Pentest
EGS is a trusted security advisor and provider that works under confidentiality agreements. Our team of experienced and attentive penetration testers is known for 100% accurate results. We know the pain of not finding the right candidate for your security operations and that’s why we are here!
We focus on your unique security concern and act on it with utter dedication.
Since we understand the importance of your daily business operations, we follow the law of “abstraction.” Our certified security professionals ensure not to cause any system outage or interfere with your employee productivity.
Is your organization safe from cyberattacks? Does your organization in Singapore have a remote penetration testing team that can test your security teams even as they work from home? EC-Council Global Services can help protect your organization with a comprehensive posture assessment that includes local penetration testing in Singapore by a highly qualified team of experts. Our professional penetration testing services are also available as remote services to ensure better security even from across the world. Our consultants are ready to help with specific industry-based customized penetration testing services, for example:
- Telco Penetration Testing Service – Penetration testing conducted with telecom sectors to identify existing vulnerabilities that may expose the customers’ data and contact details.
- Banking and Financial Sector Penetration Testing Service – Theoretical exercises are performed to identify weaknesses in the network or web application.
- Healthcare Penetration Testing Service – Determines the gap in the existing security system and suggests further practices to ensure overall security.
Why Penetration Testing in Singapore?
A recent report by Carbon Black showed that as many as 96% of organizations in Singapore had at least one breach in the past 12 months due to external cyberattacks. As per the findings, Ransomware is the most high-volume attack type in Singapore, spanning all 63 islands, including Jurong Island, Pulau Tekong, Pulau Ubin, and Sentosa, with 28% stating that they frequently encountered it.
What is penetration testing?
Penetration testing is a process of finding vulnerabilities, flaws, malicious content, risks, etc. In the process, the organization’s IT infrastructure is strengthened. At the same time, a penetration test helps determine whether an IT system is vulnerable to cyberattack determining the strength and weaknesses of any IT infrastructure at a given point in time. The process of penetration testing involves a lot of planning. A penetration tester must get permission from the management and only then initiate the test within the defined boundaries.
Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing
Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing is a technique to protect your organization against external and internal threats by identifying them before they are exploited by criminals. Penetration testers act as if they are criminals and attempt to hack into your systems, thus identifying where your weaknesses are. EGS offers a broad range of Network Infrastructure, Web application, and Mobile Application Security assessment services that detect and gauge security vulnerabilities.
What are the different types of penetration testing?
The kind of penetration testing we would perform on your systems largely depends on the what you are hoping to achieve with the test. The different types of penetration tests include web application, network services, social engineering, wireless, etc. Broadly, the types of penetration testing can be classified into Internal and External Penetration Testing.
|Internal Penetration Test||External Penetration Test|
|An internal penetration test involves gaining access to sensitive information. Specifically, it is a process where the network is penetrated from within the organization’s systems and firewalls.||An external penetration test represents beginning the process from outside the organization’s firewall. This effort is a way to strengthen defenses against external cyber attackers.|
Other types of penetration testing include:
Blue teaming is not a penetration test per se but an opportunity to put your defenses to the test by allowing your team to defend against red team attacks. In this case, the red team gains access to SIEM, threat intelligence, lot, and network capture data. The blue team then analyses intelligence data to detect the attack.
This is a blend of red and blue teaming tests. The red team looks for all the security gaps to enter the infrastructure while the blue team tries to defend against red team attacks by sharing the intelligence data through the purple teaming process.
The process involves testing the design, data handling, authentication, and network communication of your mobile assets.
Web app testing goes through various stages of enumeration, vulnerability exploitation, and identifying risks to your networks.
The IoT devices on the network are tested and protected.
This is not related to technology but the readiness of your entire staff to deal with malicious hacking attempts. Social engineering is the art of using people’s good intentions against them to obtain information about networks or the company at large to access information that should not be available to outsiders.
How often should penetration testing be done?
There are many factors to knowing how often and when to carry out pen testing for your organization. The following are the few main factors to consider before conducting your next penetration test:
Change in organization structure
Changes in the environment
To be compliant
|Your organization will grow and change over time. Factors such as a change in staff members, business lines, processes, and technology are good reasons to conduct a penetration test. We advise you to perform penetration tests of your business regularly to ensure that your systems are up to date and your employees have been properly trained.||Cybersecurity is ever-evolving because cybercriminals are always innovating new ways to intrude networks and exploit vulnerabilities. Hence, it is important to perform penetration testing whenever there is a major change in the environment.||Often, regulatory bodies like PCI DSS and HIPAA encourage penetration testing to comply with the regulations.|
How much does penetration testing cost?
Like other cybersecurity services, the cost of penetration testing in Singapore varies depending on:
- The skill of a penetration tester needed to complete the job.
- The size and complexity of the IT landscape and network devices.
- The type of methodology used as different methodologies call for a different sets of techniques and tools.
- Whether the testing is remote or onsite.
What is the best penetration testing tool?
Although there is no one penetration testing tool for all penetration tests, some tools are better than others. Penetration testers uses a combination of tools such as NMap (or the Network Mapper), Wireshark, Metasploit, and Nessus Vulnerability Scanner.
EGS uses a wide array of penetration testing tools, including the standards ones. A few of the main penetration testing tools used by our experts during onsite penetration testing in Singapore or remote services include Nmap, Wireshark, APKtool, Acunetix, Burp Suite, Drozer, Mobsf, Exploit kit, OWASP ZAP, Metasploit, etc.
EC-Council Global Services comprises advisory and technical teams with years of corporate, field, and consulting experience. Our accomplished team has vast knowledge of industry standards, benchmarks, and best practices that assure the best solution is offered to our clients while conducting remote penetration testing. Furthermore, each of our consultant are noted and published experts in their respective fields. Information security and operational risk consulting is the sole focus of our practice and not the side-line interest of a general consulting company.
EGS assigns carefully selected professionals to onsite engagements who are backed up by a much broader team of exceptionally credentialed operational risk and resiliency experts that assist with:
EGS is dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory, and economic environment with consulting professionals helping anticipate, illuminate, and overcome complex business challenges. EGS has the reach and expert resources located globally to provide our clients with broader expertise in the area of remote penetration testing.
Get your remote Penetration Testing done by
EC-Council Global Service (EGS)
EC-Council Global Services provides clients with top-notch remote penetration testing services to identify known and unknown (zero-day) vulnerabilities, weaknesses, and gaps, and analyze the findings and associated risks in a comprehensive report that includes recommendations on remediation.
EGS adopts industry-proven technologies and standards such as OWASP, CREST, and OSSTMM in combination with robust manual penetration testing and finding validation conducted by highly skilled and certified professionals to ensure the highest level of quality regardless of the geographical location of clients.
The EGS Methodology
- Information Gathering: Collect as much information as possible to gain a better understanding of the test environment.
- Scanning and Evaluation: Perform an automated scan on the target along with manual verification of findings.
- Exploitations: Exploit the vulnerabilities identified from the scanning phase through the use of both automated and manual techniques
- Verification: Conduct manual verification and analysis to validate all the findings based on test cases and standards.
- Report: Document all verified findings with their severity rating base on best practices and standard rating scores.
Our People, Our Strength
- Our penetration testing team is made of highly skilled and certified professionals with a proven record of delivering complex projects on a global scale.
- Our R&D team is continually reviewing the approaches and methodologies to ensure they align with industry-proven standards and frameworks such as OWASP, CREST, and OSSTMM.
- We employ comprehensive manual verification in addition to the use of automated tools to ensure a high level of accuracy in the reports.
- We provide a cost-effective engagement that fits perfectly into your budget.
- We produce a detailed and precise report with a meaningful summary, crafted for C-level executives, of the engagement.
We’re here to help!
Are you looking for more information? Or do you want to book a meeting?
Connect with an EGS Security Specialist