Certified Ethical Hacker (Practical)
About the Certified Ethical Hacker (Practical)
C|EH Practical is a six-hour, rigorous exam that requires you to demonstrate the application of ethical hacking techniques such as threat vector identification, network scanning, OS detection, vulnerability analysis, system hacking, web app hacking, etc. to solve a security audit challenge.
This is the next step after you have attained the highly acclaimed Certified Ethical Hacker certification.
Professionals that possess the C|EH credential will be able to sit for exam that will test them to their limits in unearthing vulnerabilities across major operating systems, databases, and networks.
You will be given limited time, just like in the real world. The exam was developed by a panel of experienced SMEs and includes 20 real-life scenarios with questions designed to validate essential skills required in the ethical hacking domains as outlined in the C|EH program.
It is not a simulated exam but rather, it mimics a real corporate network through the use of live virtual machines, networks, and applications, designed to test your skills. You will be presented with scenarios and will be asked to demonstrate the application of the knowledge acquired in the C|EH course to find solutions to real-life challenges.
The World’s First Ethical Hacking Industry Readiness Assessment That Is 100% Verified, Online, Live, Proctored!
CEH (Practical) Credential Holders Are Proven To Be Able To:
- Demonstrate the understanding of attack vectors
- Perform network scanning to identify live and vulnerable machines in a network.
- Perform OS banner grabbing, service, and user enumeration.
- Perform system hacking, steganography, steganalysis attacks, and cover tracks.
- Identify and use viruses, computer worms, and malware to exploit systems.
- Perform packet sniffing.
- Conduct a variety of web server and web application attacks including directory traversal, parameter tampering, XSS, etc.
- Perform SQL injection attacks.
- Perform different types of cryptography attacks.
- Perform vulnerability analysis to identify security loopholes in the target organization’s network, communication infrastructure, and end systems etc.
Training Course For the C|EH (Practical)
The preparatory course for this certification is the Certified Ethical Hacker course. While there is no additional course or training required, we strongly recommend that you attempt the C|EH (Practical) exam only if you have attended the current C|EH course/equivalent. The aim of this credential is to help set gifted ethical hacking practitioners apart from the crowd.
About the Exam
- Exam Title: Certified Ethical Hacker (Practical)
- Number of Practical Challenges: 20
- Duration: 6 hours
- Availability: Aspen – iLabs
- Test Format: iLabs Cyber Range
- Passing Score: 70%
- Be a C|EH (any version) member in good standing (Your USD 100 application fee will be waived);
- or Have a minimum of 3 years working experience in InfoSec domain (You will need to pay USD 100 as a non-refundable application fee);
- or Have any other industry equivalent certifications such as OSCP or GPEN cert (You will need to pay USD 100 as a non-refundable application fee).
- Applicants can apply via the online web form Click here to attempt the certification or purchase an exam voucher from one of our many globally accredited training partners.
- Important Information for Applicants: On an average, an application processing time would be between 5-10 working days once the verifiers on the application respond to EC-Council’s requests for information.
- On the application, there is a section for the applicant to list their previous manager,, supervisor, or department lead who will act as their verifier. Please note that EC-Council reaches out to the listed verifier to confirm the applicant’s experience. By making the application, you provide consent to EC-Council to contact your chosen verifier.
- After the application is submitted, should the certification team require further information, the applicant shall have up to 90 days to provide such information. After that period, should there be no response from the applicant, the application will be automatically rejected and a new form will have to be submitted.
- If the application is approved, the applicant will be sent instructions on purchasing the exam kit which cost $550 from EC-Council directly.
- If application is not approved, the application fee of USD 100 will not be refunded.
- The approved application is valid for 3 months from the date of approval so the candidate must purchase the official kit within 3 months. After the kit is released, the applicant has 3 months to utilize the codes.
- Should you require the exam voucher validity to be extended, kindly contact [email protected] before the expiry date. Only valid/ active codes can be extended.
- An application extension request shall be at the discretion of the Director of Certification
The trust that the industry places in our credentials is very important to us. We see it as our duty to ensure that the holders of this credential are proven hands-on, ethical hackers who are able to perform in the real world to solve real world challenges.
As such, the C|EH| Practical is designed as a hands-on exam that will test the skills of the ethical hacker BEYOND just their knowledge.
This exam is a proctored, practical exam that can last up to 6 hours.
We know that travelling to an exam center can be difficult for many. We are pleased to announce that you can take the C|EH (Practical) exam from the comfort of your home, but you need to be prepared to be proctored by a dedicated EC-Council Proctor certification team under strict supervision.
- Greatly enjoy this course as it brought me up-to-date with some of the emerging exploits that I had not been exposed to over the course of my work. The hands-on labs were good and helpful in understand the tool functionality and challenges in defensing against them for an organizations Enterprise network.Daniel A. RicciChief Warrant Officer/Cyber Analyst, U.S. Navy
- The CEH qualification has meant that I have been able to prove my knowledge within the pen-testing arena to colleagues and external contacts. Coupling the EC-Council qualification with my ISC2 and CISCO certifications enables me to show a broad understanding of many of the key areas to which my job role is currently focused. I feel that this enhances the confidence and increases the "peace of mind" in those that receive my services.Nicholas Charles Paul HumphreyCEH, Ministry of Defense, UK
- Sushanth Sadanand K.Executive Program Head, Global BFSI Regulatory Compliance & CISO Cyber Security Strategist, GTS
I have done my CEH training in the year of 2003 and that was the time I have entered Security field and after doing CEH training, it gives lot of value / growth for my Information security career. I would recommend CEH to anyone specializing in information security domain and the course will give you fundamental knowledge about hacking, threats and the measures to defend your organization. I am sure CEH certification would provide great value to cyber security professionals.
EC-Council’s Official delivery platform includes your study material, iLabs (virtual labs) and gives you the most flexible options for training to fit your busy work schedule!