Certified Ethical Hacker (Practical)
About the Certified Ethical Hacker (Practical)
C|EH Practical is a six-hour, rigorous exam that requires you to demonstrate the application of ethical hacking techniques such as threat vector identification, network scanning, OS detection, vulnerability analysis, system hacking, web app hacking, etc. to solve a security audit challenge.
This is the next step after you have attained the highly acclaimed Certified Ethical Hacker certification.
Professionals that possess the C|EH credential will be able to sit for exam that will test them to their limits in unearthing vulnerabilities across major operating systems, databases, and networks.
You will be given limited time, just like in the real world. The exam was developed by a panel of experienced SMEs and includes 20 real-life scenarios with questions designed to validate essential skills required in the ethical hacking domains as outlined in the C|EH program.
It is not a simulated exam but rather, it mimics a real corporate network through the use of live virtual machines, networks, and applications, designed to test your skills. You will be presented with scenarios and will be asked to demonstrate the application of the knowledge acquired in the C|EH course to find solutions to real-life challenges.
The World’s First Ethical Hacking Industry Readiness Assessment That Is 100% Verified, Online, Live, Proctored!
CEH (Practical) Credential Holders Are Proven To Be Able To:
- Demonstrate the understanding of attack vectors
- Perform network scanning to identify live and vulnerable machines in a network.
- Perform OS banner grabbing, service, and user enumeration.
- Perform system hacking, steganography, steganalysis attacks, and cover tracks.
- Identify and use viruses, computer worms, and malware to exploit systems.
- Perform packet sniffing.
- Conduct a variety of web server and web application attacks including directory traversal, parameter tampering, XSS, etc.
- Perform SQL injection attacks.
- Perform different types of cryptography attacks.
- Perform vulnerability analysis to identify security loopholes in the target organization’s network, communication infrastructure, and end systems etc.
Training Course For the C|EH (Practical)
The preparatory course for this certification is the Certified Ethical Hacker course. While there is no additional course or training required, we strongly recommend that you attempt the C|EH (Practical) exam only if you have attended the current C|EH course/equivalent. The aim of this credential is to help set gifted ethical hacking practitioners apart from the crowd.
About the Exam
- Exam Title: Certified Ethical Hacker (Practical)
- Number of Practical Challenges: 20
- Duration: 6 hours
- Availability: Aspen – iLabs
- Test Format: iLabs Cyber Range
- Passing Score: 70%
There is no predefined eligibility criteria for those interested in attempting the CEH(Practical) exam. You can purchase the exam dashboard code here.
Clause: Age Requirements and Policies Concerning Minors
The age requirement for attending the training or attempting the exam is restricted to any candidate that is at least 18 years old.
In order to proceed with the exam the below steps will need to be completed:
- The exam dashboard code can be purchased here.
- Upon successful purchase, the candidate will be sent the exam dashboard code with instructions to schedule the exam.
Note:The exam dashboard code is valid for 3 months from date of receipt.
- Should you require the exam dashboard code validity to be extended, kindly contact [email protected] before the expiry date. Only valid/ active codes can be extended.
- The exam needs to be scheduled a min 3 days prior to the desired exam date. Exam slots are subject to availability.
The trust that the industry places in our credentials is very important to us. We see it as our duty to ensure that the holders of this credential are proven hands-on, ethical hackers who are able to perform in the real world to solve real world challenges.
As such, the C|EH| Practical is designed as a hands-on exam that will test the skills of the ethical hacker BEYOND just their knowledge.
This exam is a proctored, practical exam that can last up to 6 hours.
We know that travelling to an exam center can be difficult for many. We are pleased to announce that you can take the C|EH (Practical) exam from the comfort of your home, but you need to be prepared to be proctored by a dedicated EC-Council Proctor certification team under strict supervision.
This solution is an asynchronous, self-study environment which delivers EC-Council’s sought-after Ethical hacking training courses in a streaming video format.
iWeek (Live Online)
This solution is a live, online, instructor-led training course which means you can attend an ethical hacking course with a live instructor from anywhere with an internet connection.
This solution offers you the opportunity to learn from world-class instructors and the opportunity to collaborate with top Infosecurity professionals.
Training Partner (In Person)
This solution offers “in-person” ethical hacking training so that you can get the benefit of collaborating with your peers and gaining real-world skills, conveniently located in your backyard.
- The courseware and training was excellent, through more than 140 interactive labs, I was able to gain hands-on experience, navigating through systems using a simulated real-life environment. I recommend this program to all information security professionals for its various benefits!Antonio Fernandes Regional Director, ASPERTIC
- Sushanth Sadanand K.Executive Program Head, Global BFSI Regulatory Compliance & CISO Cyber Security Strategist, GTS
I have done my CEH training in the year of 2003 and that was the time I have entered Security field and after doing CEH training, it gives lot of value / growth for my Information security career. I would recommend CEH to anyone specializing in information security domain and the course will give you fundamental knowledge about hacking, threats and the measures to defend your organization. I am sure CEH certification would provide great value to cyber security professionals.
- I pursued the C|EH training program to help my career in the cybersecurity industry expand and I was not disappointed. The content of the course was extremely enriching and useful for a variety of real-world scenarios.Rafael Edison PerezIT Security Division Manager, National Emergency System 9-1-1
- I recommend the CEH, not only for its diverse course content but also because it has helped me in my career! This was extremely useful for my career as I deal with the configuration of firewalls, WAFs, and many other cybersecurity products.Ruvimal SenanayakeTechnical Support Engineer, South Asian Technologies (Pvt) Ltd.
- Becoming a Certified Ethical Hacker has helped me jump one step ahead in my career. Learning the various tools and how to use them in iLabs, as well as, tackling arising concerns was very practical.Sowmya IbrahimpatanamGraduate Student, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Greatly enjoy this course as it brought me up-to-date with some of the emerging exploits that I had not been exposed to over the course of my work. The hands-on labs were good and helpful in understand the tool functionality and challenges in defensing against them for an organizations Enterprise network.Daniel A. RicciChief Warrant Officer/Cyber Analyst, U.S. Navy
EC-Council’s Official delivery platform includes your study material, iLabs (virtual labs) and gives you the most flexible options for training to fit your busy work schedule!
Quick Reads for Ethical Hackers
6 Types of Password Attacks commonly used by Ethical Hackers
by EC-Council on March 26, 2020 at 7:28 am
Password attacks, when performed by ethical hackers, verifies the probability of being hacked. In other words, the technique secures your accounts by […]
A Beginner’s Guide to Professional Hacking
by EC-Council on January 25, 2020 at 8:58 am
Do you want to be a professional hacker but do not how to become one? Are you coming across terms like ‘ethical hacking’ and have no clue […]
How to Start a Career in Ethical Hacking
by EC-Council on March 19, 2019 at 5:30 am
As per the 2018 HackerOne report, internet users are already facing over 166,000 registered hackers.  With stringent cyber laws, governments and […]