While the cybersecurity breaches left a number of organizations gasping for breath, it also taught them a few important lessons. One of them was that collaboration is the key to overcoming or avoiding cybersecurity problems. The ever-evolving, and at times volatile, business landscape requires mutually beneficial partnerships where different actors can come together and take cybersecurity challenges head on through new ideas and approaches.
EC-Council’s Malaysian Cybersecurity Summit endeavors to spread this message far and wide. The one-day event, to be held on March 20, 2018 at Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, looks to provide a platform for influencers, thought leaders, and achievers in the information security domain to collaborate in an effort to make the internet a safer place.
The event is being hosted with the support of CyberSecurity Malaysia, the country’s national cybersecurity specialist agency––which falls under the Ministry of Science, Technology, and Innovation (MOSTI). The Malaysian Cybersecurity Summit is an effort to promote the mission of CyberSecurity Malaysia to “create and sustain a safer cyberspace to promote National Sustainability, Social Well-Being, and Wealth Creation” by bringing the best in the government and corporate sectors together to formulate strategies to tackle the challenges ahead. The Honorable Datuk Wira Dr. Abu Bakar Muhammad Diah, Deputy Minister of Science, Technology, and Innovation (MOSTI), will be joining the gathering to address the audience.
Leading cybersecurity technology and solution providers—such as HP | Intel, Darktrace, Wiki Labs, Pacific Cybersecurity Academy (Papua New Guinea), RigNet, Cyber Wellness Centre, and Iverson—will be joining the summit to showcase their latest products and services.
Some of the stalwarts attending the summit are:
- Jay Bavisi, CEO of EC-Council Group and Chairman of the Board, EC-Council University
- Dato’ Arif Siddiqui, Former CIO, Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia
- Abdul Fattah Yatim, Chairman, National Standards Committee on Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies
- Dato’ Dr. Haji Amirudin, Bin Abdul Wahab, CEO, CyberSecurity Malaysia
- Thillai Raj T. Ramanathan, Chief Technology Officer, MIMOS Berhad
We will also be welcoming a reputed delegation from Papua New Guinea, including renowned professionals such as:
- Gari L Baki, CBE, CSt.J, QPM, DPS, Commissioner of Police
- Victor Isouve, BEM, DPS, QPM, DLP, Assistant Commissioner of Police
- Honorable Jelta Wong, MP, Member for Gazelle, Easter New Britain, Minister for Internal Security
- Honorable Sam Basil, MP, Member for Bulolo, Morobe Province, Party Leader – Pangu Pati, Minister for Communication, Information Technology & Energy
- Charles Punaha, Chief Executive Officer, National Information and Communication Technology Authority – NICTA
Our esteemed speakers and panelists will discuss several crucial topics related to cybersecurity issues. Some of the specific areas the event will focus on include:
- Navigating ASEAN’s cyber-threat landscape with a resilient cybersecurity strategy
- Bridging the gap of digital identities and privileged access
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency trend in a digital economy
- Strengthening cyber-readiness by addressing the skill gaps in the digital economy
For more information on the Malaysian Cybersecurity Summit, please visit https://ciso.eccouncil.org/portfolio/malaysian-cyber-security-summit-2018/
Contact: +91 8424061022
Email: [email protected]