The CEI Program
The Certified EC-Council Instructor (CEI) program is designed for individuals who want to become certified to deliver EC-Council’s suite of professional certification programs. The CEI program provides resources for individuals to become industry-recognized trainers specializing in the field of information security.
All of EC-Council instructor-led training combines lectures, technical demonstrations, and hands-on labs. Certified EC-Council Instructors are required to be technically proficient with good instructional skills. The instructors need to maintain a high standard of professionalism and teaching preparedness.
Requirements to become a Certified EC-Council Instructor
To apply to become a Certified EC-Council Instructor (CEI), you must:
- Submit completed and signed CEI Application Form and the Agreement.
- If you are not an existing certified trainer for other major certification programs (eg., MCT, CTT+, etc), you will need to pass the CEI Exam.
- You must be certified in the program that you intend to teach (eg., to teach CEH, you will need to hold the CEH certification, and additionally, if you then want to teach CHFI, you will need to be CHFI certified).
- Ensure you have updated your EC-Council Continuing Education (ECE) credits through the Aspen Portal as your certification status must be in good standing.
- An EC-Council Accredited Training Center (ATC) will need to endorse your application. In case there is none, EC-Council may, at its discretion, endorse the application.
- You must possess technical expertise and hands-on experience with security technologies and applications.
- When a CEI application is approved, EC-Council will send an email notice to the CEI detailing the access to the CEI Resources and this will be followed by a physical CEI Certificate which will be mailed to the CEI within 2 months from date of approval.
Benefits of being a Certified EC-Council Instructor:
In addition to being in the select group that are authorized to lead EC-Council training, other benefits include:
Access to Secured Instructor Resource Portal:
All CEIs gain access to a CEI portal which contains instructional resources consisting of presentation slide decks, labs, lab setup guide, video’s, best practices and tools that will enable you to deliver your training effectively.
Exclusive CEI Logo Usage:
Subject to the terms and conditions of the CEI agreement, all CEIs have exclusive rights to use the CEI logo for web sites, business cards, marketing materials, and other documentation.
Dedicated Support and Communications:
You have access to internal EC-Council training experts who will address any instructional queries or feedback which concerns the curriculum, exercises, and setup requirements of the course(s) you are certified to train.
EC-Council Instructor Exam 312-75
If you are not already a certified instructor for other major certification training program (to be approved at the discretion of EC-Council), you will be required to pass the EC-Council Instructor Exam 312-75.
This exam covers the following objectives, among others, and will prepare the potential instructor towards achieving instructional excellence:
- Analyze EC-Council course material and learner information
- Assure preparation of the course
- Establish and maintain instructor credibility
- Manage the learning environment
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Demonstrate effective questioning skills and techniques
For more information about this exam, please go to the next tab Exam 312-75
Should you have any queries pertaining to the Certified EC-Council Instructor program, please email
Thank you for your interest in applying to become an EC-Council Certified Instructor (CEI). EC-Council will use the information you provide in this application to determine your eligibility. Only completed application with signed agreement form will be processed.
Upon completion, please submit your application as well as agreement form by way of email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When filling out the application and agreement form, please print clearly or type. Processing can take approximately two to four weeks. You may check the status of your application by sending an email to email@example.com
Certified EC-Council Instructor Application Form
Probationary EC-Council Instructor ECSP-net Application form
Check Instructor Status
Check the Certification Status of any EC-Council Certified Instructor worldwide by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org (No free e-mail accounts please). Send us a mail with the instructor’s full name and we will send you a reply within 48 hours.
Pool of Instructors
We have pool of contract instructors available to teach your next CEH/CHFI class. Please e-mail email@example.com with more information about your training requirements. We will be glad to locate an instructor for you.
The EC-Council Instructor Exam 312-75 is based on ibstpi Instructor Competencies:
The Instructor certification exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions. The exam covers the following objectives:
- Analyze EC-Council course material and learner information.
- Assure preparation of the instructional site.
- Establish and maintain instructor credibility.
- Manage the learning environment.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective questioning skills and techniques.
- Respond appropriately for learners’ needs for clarification or feedback.
- Provide positive reinforcement and motivational incentives.
- Use instructional methods appropriately.
- Use media effectively.
- Evaluate learner performance.
- Evaluate delivery of instruction.
- Report evaluation information.
- How to deliver CEH Course Modules.
- How to deliver CHFI Course Modules.
- How to deliver ECSA/LPT Course Modules.
- Lab Classroom Setup and Student Exercises.
Where to take the 312-75 Exam?
The EC-Council CEI Instructor exam is available only at ECC EXAM Portal.
Please contact your ATC to schedule this test.
CEI Instructor Manual
You can order the CEI Instructor Manual which prepares you for the Certified EC-Council Instructor exam 312-75 directly from any EC-Council ATC.
Sample CEI Certificate
About EC-Council Global Awards
We are pleased to announce that the annual EC-Council Global Awards is back. The awards provide recognition and reward to EC-Council’s best performing training partners, institutions and certified instructors across more than 90 countries.
Each year, EC-Council honor Accredited Training Centers and Certified Instructors that has made distinguished contributions to the success of EC-Council certification programs and made a difference in the rapidly evolving information security and ethical hacking domain.
All ATCs and CEIs are invited to participate for in the awards and stand a chance to win!
Discover the high value of awards
Winners of the awards will have significant coverage in prominent communication medium. Global Award winners will be showcased on EC Council website, coverage in global press releases. Accredited Training Center and Instructor of the Year will also be given priority referral.
Winning entries serve as a resource for future Global Awards entrance. Winning accredited training centers and certified instructors epitomize the industry’s best practices, raise standards and contribute to a growing body of knowledge about information security. Every applicant will be able to see how they perform and learn from their accomplishments.
Improves-the-credibility-of the Training Centers and Instructors
Award-winning training center and instructors high standards of professionalism will be greatly recognized and regarded more prestigious. The good image associated with prestige will increase visibility and profitability and generate good branding.