EC-Council Announces $550,000 Ethical Hacking Scholarship to Advance Ethical Hacking Skills Globally
May 12, 2020 Albuquerque, New Mexico.
EC-Council announced today that they will award $550,000 in scholarships to the ethical hacking community through their Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Master Scholarship Program. For years, the cornerstone of ethical hacking has been the CEH by EC-Council. The CEH Master scholarship is aimed to help cyber security professionals further sharpen their ethical hacking skills and hands-on abilities to fight the war on cybercrime.
Since 2003, EC-Council has been recognized globally as a pioneer in ethical hacking training and certification industry. Its Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification is one of the most respected certification programs in the world today. It has gained recognition from the US Department of Defense, US Army, US Navy, US Marine Corps, US Airforce, British GCHQ, ANSI and several other bodies of international reputation. CEH is frequently sought out as a powerful aid to landing a cyber security job. Many companies including Fortune 500 seem to prefer CEH certified candidates over applicants with other or no certifications.
With the announcement of this scholarship, EC-Council will select 1,000 qualified cyber security professionals via an application process permitting them to hone their ethical hacking skills via the CEH Practical exam – a hands on ethical hacking challenge on EC-Council’s cyber range. Candidates that successfully pass the exam will attain the CEH Practical certification.
“EC-Council strives to mitigate cyber risk across the world by imparting high quality cyber security education to create proficient cyber professionals with globally recognized skills. Given these unique times, we see it as our social responsibility to improve the practical skills of the ethical hacking professionals to aid in their enhanced employability via our CEH (Master) Scholarship program.”, said Jay Bavisi, President and CEO of the EC-Council group.
Effective Wednesday, May 20th,
by popular request from academic institutions across the world, the Ethical Hacking Scholarship has been extended to academic students enrolled in college or university degree programs who do not currently have two years of work experience. Going forward, we will accept applications from students interested in applying, or faculty members applying on a student’s behalf.
The CEH (Practical) retails at $550 and is the world’s first comprehensive ethical hacking industry readiness designation that is 100% verified, remotely proctored, live online. Except for a nominal processing fee, EC-Council will give away 1,000 exam vouchers to merit-based scholarship recipients. This scholarship provides a platform for ethical hackers, specifically certified ethical hackers, to validate their skills and abilities. With this, EC-Council is keen to support national and global security measures to combat cybercrime and cyber terrorism.
Candidates selected to receive the scholarship will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their hands-on abilities in a live 6-hour, remotely proctored CEH Practical exam with 20 challenges. Scholarship recipients who qualify for the CEH Master designation will also be featured on the Global Ethical Hacking Leaderboard.
- Applicants must be Ethical Hacking practitioners with at least 2 years of experience, or
- Applicants must be a Penetration Tester with at least 2 years of experience, and
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Students enrolled in Information Security or Cyber Security programs who have completed ethical hacking or penetration testing courses
CEH Master Scholarship
How Does This Scholarship Help ?
Leading government and private bodies across the world insist on hiring cybersecurity professionals who have proven their practical skills.
“A successful candidate will serve in an intermediate trainee developmental level with assignments consisting of specific, often unrelated, tasks that are selected to orient employees in the practical application of theory and basic principles.”
World class organizations like Amazon Web Services, Century Link, Lockheed Martin, Accenture, Defense Point Security, IBM, Microsoft and many more highly regard candidates with practical skills that have been validated.
Programs like CEH practical, provide a reliable platform for a candidate to prove their practical skills and abilities in the ethical hacking domain. The CEH practical challenge has been designed to create the ideal red team candidate. For candidates with an existing CEH certification, the CEH practical challenge provides the next progression in skills development. Since the CEH teaches how to identify and exploit vulnerabilities, the CEH practical becomes a proof of one’s hands–on ability to perform on the job.
Candidates who have attained the CEH credential and are able to prove their mastery via the CEH Practical exam are awarded the special designation of the CEH Master.
What is the
The CEH Practical exam is a six-hour, rigorous performance-based exam that requires candidates to demonstrate their knowledge of ethical hacking techniques including, but not limited to threat vector identification, network scanning, OS detection, vulnerability analysis, system hacking, web app hacking, and more.
Candidates must solve a security audit challenge using 20 real-life scenarios with questions designed to validate critical skills required in the ethical hacking domains, as outlined in the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) program.
A professional that holds the CEH Practical credential validates that they can:
- Perform network scanning to identify live and vulnerable machines in a network
- Perform OS banner grabbing, service, and user enumeration
- Perform system hacking, steganography, steganalysis attacks, and cover tracks
- Identify and use viruses, computer worms, and malware to exploit systems
- Perform packet sniffing
- Conduct a variety of web server and web application attacks including directory traversal, parameter tampering, XSS, etc
- Perform SQL injection attacks
- Perform different types of cryptography attacks
- Perform vulnerability analysis to identify security loopholes in the target organization’s network, communication infrastructure, and end systems etc.
The CEH Practical is an objective proof that allows recruiters to easily recognize professionals who have hands-on skills they are seeking in a potential employee.
|*Modern scenarios and attack vectors|
|*Live virtual machines (No simulations)|
|*The most current tools used by industry|
To feature on the leader board, you will have to pass both, the CEH knowledge based MCQ (v8 and above) and the CEH Practical exam, thereby attaining the CEH (Master) credential. Scoring is based on the marks obtained and time taken to pass the exam.
Simply put, the faster and more accurate you are, the better your CEH (Master) score is bound to be. Since the CEH (Master) credential is a validation of ethical hacking prowess of a candidate, more weightage is given to the practical exam, due to its 6-hour rigorous challenge, which actually puts a candidate through a live security audit challenge, as if they were an ethical hacker on the job.
- Scholarships are limited in number, and subject to availability.
- CEH Practical vouchers issued under scholarship cannot be redeemed for their monetary value.
- Candidates are requested to furnish true and accurate information, failing which their application will be disqualified without prior notice.
- Candidates are requested to showcase their perspicacity by sharing their work in the cybersecurity domain, with their published work, case studies they have been a part of, scores of previous examinations and other fields mentioned in the application form.
- It’s mandatory to share the contact details and designation of a verifier, who would validate the claims made by the applicant.
- Scholarships will be granted at the sole discretion of EC-Council.
- Scholarships are not available with any other discount or special pricing offer. Study Group decisions in relation to scholarships are final and no further correspondence will be considered.
- Scholarships are not transferable, and the recipient must pay the processing fees of $99 within 7 days of the scholarship being granted.
- Non-payment of fees by this date and/or changing your program start date will forfeit any scholarship awarded.
- The deadline for submission is July 31, 2020.