EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA): Penetration Testing
You are an ethical hacker. In fact, you are a Certified Ethical Hacker. Your last name is Pwned. You dream about enumeration and you can scan networks in your sleep. You have sufficient knowledge and an arsenal of hacking tools and you are also proficient in writing custom hacking code.
Is that enough?
Can you become an industry accepted security professional? Will organizations hire you to help them protect their systems? Do you have any knowledge in applying a suitable methodology to conduct a penetration test for an enterprise client?
ECSA v10 Exam info:
- Credit Towards Certification: ECSA v10
- Number of Questions: 150
- Passing Score: 70%
- Test Duration: 4 Hours
EC-COUNCIL CERTIFIED SECURITY ANALYST (ECSA)
The ECSA program offers a seamless learning progress, continuing where the CEH program left off.
Unlike most other pen-testing programs that only follow a generic kill chain methodology; the ECSA presents a set of distinguishable comprehensive methodologies that are able to cover different pentesting requirements across different verticals.
The EC-Council iLabs Cyber Range
The ECSA course is a fully hands-on program with labs and exercises that cover real world scenarios. By practicing the skills that are provided to you in the ECSA class, we are able to bring you up to speed with the skills to uncover the security threats that organizations are vulnerable to.
This can be achieved effectively with the EC-Council iLabs Cyber Range. It allows you to dynamically access a host of Virtual Machines preconfigured with vulnerabilities, exploits, tools, and scripts from anywhere with an internet connection.
Our guided step-by-step labs include exercises with detailed tasks, supporting tools, and additional materials as well as our state-of-the-art “Open Environment” allowing you to launch a complete live range open for any form of hacking or testing.
- The ECSA certification has helped me enhance my penetration testing skills both practically and theoretically and the lab exercises and challenges prior to the exam are very sophisticated and fruitful. I definitely recommend this course to any security professional who wishes to add some serious hacking and penetration testing skills to their list of skills.Md. Azizur RahmanSecurity Engineer, Augmedix
- The EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA) Training program did not only add value to what I had studied earlier, but it also opened my eyes to new aspects of information security, thereby, improving the way that I looked at information technology. I recommend this course to everyone who wants to advance in the VAPT field!Joe El Housseini Support Officer at EXEO s.a.l.
- The C|CISO certification compiles and empowers all those capabilities in a single executive package of knowledge, in fact, there are certain parts of the content that address issues that are very often overlooked in the security domain, but in reality, require a lot of undivided attention.Fernando Ramírez OrozcoSID Security Manager, Cable & Wireless Communications - Columbus Business Solutions
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To be eligible to apply to sit for the ECSA Exam, candidate must either:
- Hold an ECSA certification , any version (Your USD100 application fee will be waived);
- or Have a minimum of 2 years work experience in InfoSec domain (You will need to pay USD100 as a non-refundable application fee);
- Or Have attended an official EC-Council training (All candidates are required to pay the $100 application fee, however your training fee shall include this fee)
Note: Training fee may vary depending on the region, training facilities and mode of training opted for, however no student has any added advantage as the exam is a standard exam for all.
On an average, application processing time would be between 5-10 working days once the verifiers on the application respond to EC-Council’s requests for information.
No, the $100 application fee is not refundable
The application process is valid for 3 months from the date of approval.
Yes, the application form is mandatory for all test takers who want to take the exam directly without undergoing training.
Once your application is approved you can proceed to purchase your exam voucher either from EC-Council Online Store or from one of our authorised training channels.
The ECSA v10 exam is an MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) exam. This exam is only available at the ECC Exam Centre
The exam voucher code is valid for 1 year from the date of receipt.
No, the ECSA v10 does not include a report-writing, should a candidate be interested in a performance based/ skill assessment exam he/she can choose to attempt the ECSA (Practical) exam if eligible.
For those attempting the exam at a physical testing centre (ETC), the exam will be proctored by a proctor authorised at the testing centre.
For those attempting the exam remotely (ECC/ ProctorU), the exam will be proctored remotely by an authorised proctor.
The Exam is a 4 hour session.
This exam does not have a set passing score/ percentage, the number of items that you have to answer correctly varies depending on the difficulty of the questions delivered when you take the exam. To understand how the scoring pattern works, visit the scoring section here.
Sessions should be booked at least 3 days in advance of the desired exam date.
Note: All exam sessions are proctored by EC-Council Certification department.
Once you are ready to proceed with your exam, please ensure you understand the below:
- You need to run an equipment test
- You need to carry an identification proof
- You should hold an valid exam voucher
Yes, the ECSA V10 is a part of the EC-Council Continuing Education Scheme.