Terms of Service
These terms (“Terms”) cover the use of those EC-Council products, websites, and services (the “Services”). You accept these Terms by either creating an account with or through your use of the Services, or by continuing to use the Services after being notified of a change to these Terms. If you disagree with these Terms of Service or any part of these Terms of Service, then please do not use EC-Council Services.
EC-Council offers a wide range of Services, such as ASPEN, EC-Council Video, iLabs, iClass, iWeek etc.) and when you use EC-Council Services, you will be subject to the guidelines, terms and agreements applicable to that EC-Council Service (“Specific Terms”), covered below and in any additional agreement(s) to this extent. If there is any conflict between the Specific Terms of the service and the Terms of Service, then those specific terms and agreement(s) will prevail.
Right to make Changes to the Terms of Service
EC-Council reserves all rights with respect to these Terms of Service. This includes any modifications to the Terms of Service by EC-Council, which may or may not be notified to you. You are encouraged to periodically check these Terms of Service for any updates. Your continued usage of the Services will constitute as your acceptance of the same. Please read the Terms of Service carefully and if you wish not to continue using the Services with the revised terms, you may discontinue using the Services accordingly.
EC-Council does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to EC-Council (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit to any EC-Council Website or its associated services (collectively “Submissions”). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submissions you are granting EC-Council, its affiliated companies and necessary sublicensees permission to use your Submissions in connection with the operation of their Internet businesses including, without limitation, the rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Submission; and to publish your name in connection with your Submissions.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submissions, as provided herein. EC-Council is under no obligation to post or use any Submissions you may provide and EC-Council may remove any Submissions at any time in EC-Council’s sole discretion.
By posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submissions you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submissions as described in this section including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the Submissions
Code of Conduct
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you’re agreeing that, when using the Services, you will follow these rules:
- Don’t do anything illegal.
- Don’t engage in any activity that exploits, harms, or threatens to harm children.
- Don’t send spam or engage in phishing. Spam is unwanted or unsolicited bulk email, postings, contact requests, SMS (text messages), instant messages or similar electronic communications. Phishing is sending emails or other electronic communications to fraudulently or unlawfully induce recipients to reveal personal or sensitive information, such as passwords, dates of birth, National Insurance Numbers, Social Security Number, passport numbers, credit card information, financial information or other sensitive information, or to gain access to accounts or records, exfiltration of documents or other sensitive information, payment and/or financial benefit.
- Don’t publicly display or use the Services to share inappropriate content or material (involving, for example, nudity, bestiality, pornography, offensive language, graphic violence or criminal activity) or your content or material that does not comply with local laws or regulations.
- Don’t engage in activity that is fraudulent, false or misleading (e.g. asking for money under false pretences, impersonating someone else, manipulating the Services to increase play count, or affect rankings, ratings or comments) or libellous or defamatory.
- Don’t circumvent any restrictions on access to or availability of the Services.
- Don’t engage in activity that is harmful to you, the Services or others (e.g. transmitting viruses, stalking, posting terrorist or violent extremist content, communicating hate speech or advocating violence against others).
- Don’t infringe upon the rights of others (e.g, unauthorised sharing of copyrighted music or other copyrighted material).
- Don’t engage in activity that violates the privacy or data protection rights of others.
- Don’t help others break these rules.
- Don’t attempt to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, exploit EC-Council Services for any commercial purpose without the prior written consent of EC-Council.
- Don’ frame techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of EC-Council without prior express written consent of EC-Council.
- Don’t use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing EC-Council’s name or trademarks without the prior express written consent of EC-Council.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
As a condition of your use of the Services, you warrant to EC-Council that you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms of Service, or any other terms, conditions, notices, or any applicable law. You may not use Services in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair EC-Council or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the EC-Council Services. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the EC-Council Services.
Third party links
EC-Council website provides links to third-party websites (Linked Sites) which it does not control. These links are provided for Users’ convenience at their own risks. By providing a link, EC-Council does not endorse or accept responsibility for the content or use of that website.
EC-Council assumes no responsibility, and has no control over, and for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites. EC-Council is not responsible for webcasting, or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. EC-Council is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by EC-Council of the site or any association with its operators. Further, EC-Council will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party website. By using the third-party websites, you are expressly agreeing to relieve EC-Council from any and all liability arising from your use of such third-party websites.
You agree that all the materials, documents, products, and services, including all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets and other intellectual property, whether registered or un-registered, or in the application process developed by EC-Council and provided through Services are the property of EC-Council, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, suppliers, or licensors.
You acknowledge that the software, the technology underlying our Services, and all other software, designs, materials, information, communications, text, graphics, links, electronic art, animations, illustrations, artwork, audio clips, video clips, photos, images, and other data or copyrightable materials, including the selection and arrangements thereof, provided or made available to you in connection with the Service are the proprietary property of EC-Council and/or its affiliated and/or third party providers and suppliers (the “Third Parties”). Unless otherwise specified, when any content is downloaded to your computer and/or any other device, you do not obtain any ownership interest in such content or any use of the content for any other purpose. EC-Council reserves all rights not expressly granted to you.
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you agree that you will not reproduce or redistribute EC-Council’s Intellectual property in any way.
Claims Of Copyright Infringement — DMCA Notice
We take claims of copyright infringement seriously and will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), we will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using our Services. If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Services infringes your copyright, you may request removal of those materials from the services by submitting written notification to our Copyright Agent (designated below).
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the site by submitting a written notice (the “DMCA Notice”) to us with the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Service, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and, if available, email address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Completed notices should be sent by email to: [email protected]. Upon receipt of Notice as described below, we will take whatever action, in our sole discretion, we deem appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from the Site.
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective. Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Services is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
The information, software, products, and services included in or available through the EC-Council Services may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. EC-Council and/or its suppliers may make improvements and/or changes to the EC-Council Services at any time. Advice received via the EC-Council website should not be relied upon for personal, legal and/or financial decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
EC-Council and/or its suppliers make no representations about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information, software, products, services, and related graphics contained on or within EC-Council Services for any purpose. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, all such information, software, products, services, and related graphics are provided “as is” without warranty or condition of any kind. EC-Council and/or its suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, software, products, services and related graphics, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
If you are dissatisfied with any portion of the EC-Council Services, or with any of these Terms of Services, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using EC-Council Services.
Certain jurisdictions do not allow limitation of liability or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. In such jurisdictions, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations, may not apply to you and our liability will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Service contact: [email protected]
Limitation of Liability
- If you have any basis for recovering damages (including breach of these Terms), to the extent permitted by the applicable law, you agree that your exclusive remedy is to recover, EC-Council and/or its suppliers, direct damages up to an amount equal to your Services fee for the month during which the loss or breach occurred (or up to USD$10.00 if the Services are free).
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall EC-Council and/or its suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the (i) use or performance of the EC-Council Services, (ii) delay or inability to use the EC-Council Services or related services, (iii) provision of or failure to provide services, or (iv) information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through EC-Council Services, or otherwise arising out of the use of EC-Council Services, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if EC-Council or any of its suppliers has been advised of the possibility of damages.
- EC-Council is not responsible or liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations under these Terms to the extent that the failure or delay is caused by circumstances beyond EC-Council’s reasonable control (such as labour disputes, acts of God, war or terrorist activity, malicious damage, pandemics, accidents or compliance with any applicable law or government order). EC-Council will endeavour to minimise the effects of any of these events and to perform the obligations that aren’t affected.
By using any EC-Council membership portal and/or service, you agree that the laws of Singapore, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms of Service and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and EC-Council. Further, the parties specifically exclude the application of United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. Use of the EC-Council Service is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms of Service, including without limitation, this paragraph. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THE TERMS, YOU ARE WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION
- Customer Support. To find more information about our service and its features or if you need assistance with your account, please write to [email protected] and we will reach out to you at the earliest. In the event of any conflict between these Terms of Service and information provided by Customer Support or other portions of our website, these Terms of Service will control.
- Evolving Nature of Services. EC-Council Services and/or content are subject to change at any time. We are continually looking to improve the EC-Council Services and/or content but if you are at any time dissatisfied with our service or content, you may write to us your complaints and we will attempt to resolve your compliant to the fullest extent possible. However, if you still remain dissatisfied with our Service even after escalation to customer support team, then your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the Service. Further, we invite your feedback and/or suggestion to improve on our Services and we are at our discretion to implement your feedback and/or suggestion for the betterment of the Services. You grant us exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty free rights to use your feedback and suggestion in our Services.
- Scheduled Maintenance: We may suspend your service for scheduled maintenance with prior notification to you. During the scheduled maintenance hours, you may not be able to use and access the site or service.
- Survival. If any provision or provisions of these Terms of Service shall be held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Waiver. The delay or omission by either party to enforce or exercise any terms or right pursuant to these Terms of Service will not impair any such term or right nor be construed to be a waiver thereof and will in no way affect the other party’s right later to enforce it. Any waiver by either party of any covenants, conditions, or agreements to be performed by the other party will not be construed to be a waiver of any succeeding breach thereof or any covenant, conditions or agreement herein contained.
- Relationship. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and EC-Council as a result of these Terms of Service , or your use of the EC-Council’s Services.
- Entire agreement. Unless otherwise specified herein, these Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between the user and EC-Council with respect to the EC-Council Services and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between the user and EC-Council with respect to the EC-Council Services. A printed version of these Terms of Service and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms of Service, to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Service Specific Terms
A. Your membership for the EC-Council CodeRed Services will be as follows:
(a) Free Trial Period (“CodeRed Basic”): Your membership for the following package would be subscription free (hereinafter referred to as “Free Trial”) for an unlimited period of time. This package shall include various introductory videos. However, this package is subject to change from time to time with notification.
(b) Premium Membership (“CodeRed Pro”): The CodeRed Pro package offers unlimited access to library of courses based on Code-Red Content at monthly or yearly pricing (discount may apply) and such pricing is subject to change from time to time (hereinafter referred to as “Premium Membership”). You may manually opt out of the Premium Membership at any time. However, you shall retain access to the Service for the remainder of the term for which you made the payment.
(c) MicroDegree: As part of EC-Council CodeRed Services, EC-Council may offer separate structured courses/programs in the form of online videos, eBooks, cloud based cyber range, lab manuals, assessments, quizzes and proctored exams etc. on different topics related to the field of Cyber Security or otherwise (hereinafter referred to as “Microdegree”). The terms and conditions pertaining to Microdegree may be separate from the specific terms of terms of service for CodeRed Services and in the event of conflict between the terms and conditions of Microdegree and these specific terms, the terms related to Microdegree shall prevail. The course fee, payment and billing method shall be provided in the relevant terms and conditions of Microdegree. However, members can access the Microdegree from Code-Red platform located here and the other platform terms and conditions shall apply.
(d) Enterprise Membership: We may customize the package based on your preference and request for a definite period (hereinafter referred to as “Enterprise Membership”). If you are using or opening an account to use and access the CodeRed site, software, EC-Council Code-Red Services and/or Code Red content on behalf of a company, entity or organization (each a “Subscribing Entity”), then you represent and warrant that you: (i) are an authorized representative of that Subscribing Entity with the authority to bind such entity to these Terms of Service, and (ii) agree to be bound by these Terms of Service on behalf of such Subscribing Entity. Further, if the member opts for an Enterprise Membership, additional terms and/or agreement may apply. Further, there is no trial associated with Enterprise Membership unless separate terms or agreement specifies otherwise.
- To use the EC-Council CodeRed Service and/or CodeRed content under any membership program, you must have an internet enabled device with web browser and provide us with one or more Payment Methods. “Payment Method” means a current, valid, accepted method of payment, as may be updated from time to time, and which may include payment through your account with a third party. Unless you cancel your membership before your annual/monthly billing date in case of Premium Membership and/or any other billing date as agreed in the Enterprise Membership, you authorize us to charge your next year’s/month’s membership fee to your Payment Method (see “Cancellation” below).
- We may offer several other membership plans, including special promotional plans or memberships offered by third parties in conjunction with the provision of their own products and services. We are not responsible for the products and services provided by such third parties. Some membership plans may have differing conditions and limitations, which will be disclosed at your sign-up or in other communications made available to you. For combinations with other offers, restrictions may apply.
- EC-Council reserves the sole right to determine your eligibility for the subscription or usage of the Code Red Services and/or Code Red Content. If EC-Council believes that you do not qualify for the subscription or usage of the Code Red Services and/or Code Red Content, EC-Council may terminate, suspend and/or restrict your access to Code-Red site with or without notification.
Billing and Cancellation
- Billing Cycle for Premium Membership: The membership fee for the Premium Membership and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the service, such as withholding taxes or other taxes and possible transactional and administrative handling fees, will be charged annually and/or monthly to your Payment Method on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of the paying portion of your membership. For the purpose of clarity, the membership fee is exclusive of all taxes and charges. In some cases, your payment date may change, for example, if your Payment Method has not successfully settled or if your paid membership began on a day not contained in a given month. Visit our website and click “My Subscription” page to see your next payment date.
- Payment Methods for Premium Membership: To use the Premium Membership, you must provide one or more Payment Methods. You can update your Payment Methods by going to the “My Subscription” page. We may also update your Payment Methods using information provided by the payment service providers. Following an update, you authorize us to continue to charge the applicable Payment Method(s). You authorize us to charge Payment Method associated to your account for payment of your subscription fee and/or any other fees such as administrative and handling fees and taxes such as withholding or otherwise, applicable for any EC-Council Services or Code Red Content that you use and/or access. You remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not cancel your account, we may suspend your access to the service until we have successfully charged a valid Payment Method. For some Payment Methods, the issuer may charge you certain fees, such as foreign transaction fees or other fees relating to the processing of your Payment Method. Local tax charges may vary depending on the Payment Method used. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
- Cancellation and Refund: You can cancel your CodeRed Premium membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the Premium Membership through the end of your annual and/or monthly billing period. To the extent permitted by the applicable law, payments are non-refundable except for annual billing period in which case, EC-Council may, at its discretion, refund the payment subject to deducting applicable charges such as handling or administrative charges, as applicable, to you provided the request for refund has been made within thirty (30) days from the date of purchase of such CodeRed Premium membership. Further, we do not provide credits for any partial-month membership periods or unused CodeRed content. To cancel, write an email to [email protected]from your email ID registered with CodeRed services. If you cancel your membership, your account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period. To see when your account will close, click “My Subscription” page. If you signed up for Premium Membership using your account with a third party as a Payment Method and wish to cancel your CodeRed membership, you may need to do so through such third party, for example by visiting your account with the applicable third party and turning off auto-renew or unsubscribing from the Premium Membership through that third party. You may also find billing information about your CodeRed membership by visiting your account with the applicable third party.
- Billing, Enrollment and Cancellation for Enterprise Membership: The enrolling procedure, billing cycle and the procedure to opt out of Enterprise Membership shall be subject to separate terms and conditions and/or agreement.
- Billing, Enrollment and Cancellation for Enterprise Membership for Microdegree: The enrolling procedure, billing cycle and the procedure to opt out of Microdegree shall be subject to separate terms and conditions pertaining to Microdegree.
- Changes to the Price and Subscription Plans: We may change our subscription plans and the price of our service from time to time; however, any price changes or changes to our subscription plans will apply to you no earlier than 30 days following notice to you.
EC-Council CodeRed Service and CodeRed content:
- You must be 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your province, territory, or country, to become a member of the CodeRed service.
- The CodeRed services, CodeRed content and any content viewed through the service are for your personal and non-commercial use only and may not be shared with any third party for whatsoever reason. During your CodeRed membership, we grant you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access the EC-Council CodeRed services and view CodeRed content. Except for the foregoing, no right, title, or interest shall be transferred to you either expressly or by implication or by estoppel. You agree not to use the service for public performances.
- The CodeRed Services, including the content library, is regularly updated.
- You agree to use and access EC-Council CodeRed Services and/or CodeRed Content, including all features and functionalities associated therewith, in accordance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, or other restrictions on the use of the service or content therein. You agree not to archive, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, perform, publish, license, create derivative works from, offer for sale, or use (except as explicitly authorized in these Terms of Service) content and information contained on or obtained from or through the CodeRed Services. You also agree not to: circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade or thwart any of the content protections in the CodeRed Services; use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the CodeRed Services; decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the CodeRed Services; insert any code or product or manipulate the content of the CodeRed Services in any way; or use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method. In addition, you agree not to upload, post, e-mail or otherwise send or transmit any material designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment associated with the CodeRed Services, including any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs. We may terminate or restrict your use of our CodeRed Service if you violate these terms of service or are engaged in the illegal or fraudulent use of the services.
- The quality of the display of the CodeRed Content may vary from device to device and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. HD, Ultra HD, and HDR availability are subject to your Internet service and device capabilities. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. The time it takes to begin watching CodeRed Content will vary based on several factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the content you have selected and the configuration of your CodeRed ready device.
- CodeRed software is developed by, or for, CodeRed and is designed to enable viewing of CodeRed content through CodeRed ready devices. This software may vary by device and medium, and functionalities and features may also differ between devices. You acknowledge that the use of the service may require third party software that is subject to third-party licenses. You agree that you may automatically receive updated versions of the CodeRed and related third-party software.
Passwords and Account Access:
The member who created the CodeRed account and whose Payment Method is charged (the “Account Owner”) has access and control over the CodeRed account and the computing devices that are used to access our service and is responsible for any activity that occurs through the CodeRed account. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account (which would include information on viewing history for the account), the Account Owner should maintain control over the computing devices that are used to access the service and not reveal the password or details of the Payment Method associated with the account to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold to protect you, CodeRed or our partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.
- Unsolicited Materials. We do not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for CodeRed Content and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to CodeRed.
- Electronic Communications. We will send you information relating to your account (e.g. payment authorizations, invoices, changes in password or Payment Method, confirmation messages, notices) in electronic form only, for example via emails to your email address provided during registration.
EC-Council membership portal offers you membership to the Membership Plans as outlined below. Refer to these terms of service to collect information on use of the Membership portal and the Membership Plans.
We offer Community membership, subject to change at our sole discretion. Memberships are non-transferable and shall continue unless revoked by either EC-Council or you.
Representation by Members
- When signing up for the membership as stated above, you are confirming that:
- the details submitted for membership are true and accurate; and
- you are of sufficient legal age, and have the legal capacity to enter into these terms or are availing the membership through your legal guardian;
Your membership log-in and password details are personal to you and their confidentiality should be maintained at all times. Your log in and password should not be used by any other person/entity. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Any breach in this regard should be duly notified to us.
License and Access
- Subject to your compliance with these terms of service, EC-Council or its content providers grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access the EC-Council membership portal and make personal and non-commercial use of the EC-Council services only for intended purpose.
- This license does not include any right of distribution, sale or any other commercial use or non-commercial use, which is not expressly granted to you, of any EC-Council service, or its contents, any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of any EC-Council service or its contents, or any Customer Content; any downloading, copying, or other use of account information for the benefit of any third party; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
Suspension and Termination of Membership
EC-Council reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deny membership for any reason, of whatsoever nature. EC-Council further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, restrict, or terminate your membership to the EC-Council membership portal and EC-Council service or any portion thereof at any time, without notice. In the event of suspension, cancellation, or termination, you are no longer authorized to access the membership portal. In such an event, the restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the portal, and the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in these terms of service, shall survive.
Access to the Membership Portal
While we endeavour to ensure that the membership portal and its services are available at all times, EC-Council will not be liable, if for any reason the membership portal is unavailable at any point in time and for any duration of time. The membership portal may be suspended or shut down without notice for maintenance, repairs, system failures etc., without any compensation being due to you, thereof. You are responsible to ensure your connectivity at all times, while accessing the membership portal.
You must be the age of majority to make any purchase thorough iClass Platform. If you are under the age of majority then the purchase through iClass Platform can be made only under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian, who shall be responsible for the purchase made by you.
Collection of personally identifiable information
- To express any concerns or comments regarding your program please contact EC-Council in writing at [email protected].
- Please include
- What course(s) you are signed up for.
- Name of EC-Council Enrollment Consultant you are working with.
- Your enrolments date.
- Summary of your issue.
- Our Senior Academic Advisor will respond within 1 business day.
- Students or other parties with complaints or grievances against an institution are encouraged to first seek to resolve their complaint or grievance directly with EC-Council. EC-Council will have an impartial representative who is not directly involved in the area of the complaint reach out to you. Of course there will be no adverse action taken against a complainant.If for some reason the complaint still isn’t resolved to the client’s satisfaction, please contact:
2044 Galisteo St. Suite,
Santa Fe, NM 87505-2100,
505-476-8442 or 505-476-8416
Pursuant to 188.8.131.52 NMAC
Refund and cancellation Policy:
- Open Enrollment or Live, Online Courses
- Cancellation by student/candidate: In the instance that a student needs to cancel or reschedule a traditional Instructor-led (ILT) or Live, Online (iWeek) course, please contact EC-Council by notifying your account rep, or at our main line at 505-341-3228 or by email at: [email protected].
- If Client Cancels-
- Prior to the end of the first day of class, refund = 100%
- After start of the class, but prior to completing 30%, refund = 90%
- After completing 30%, but prior to completing 60%, refund = 50%
- After completing more than 60%, No Refund.
- iLearn Asynchronous Courses
The course term is defined as 12 months from the invoice date. A refund will only be granted if a client has not activated the course within the course term and the refund is requested during the term. Refund requests received after the course term will not be granted. Once a course has been activated, no refund will be issued. Please allow ten (10) business days for refund processing.
The iLearn courses are a single user license and are not transferable.
No refunds will be issued for mobile devices or physical courseware once seal is broken by client. Online course materials such as e-courseware, online exam prep programs or iLabs, online labs cannot be refunded once activated. Retail rate plus shipping will be prorated into percentages listed above for approved refunds for un-opened Courseware or mobile devices.
Certification Club Terms
iLabs not applicable to CCISO or workshops. To see the CCISO exam qualifications click here. Candidates who do not meet the CISO qualifications may take the EISM exam. Exams don’t exist for all courses/workshops. Renew Rate for the club is $999. Does not qualify for additional discounts. CodeRed subscription is for 12 months. Club membership applicable to EC-Council classes only and does not apply to third parties classes.
All approved refunds will be made within 30 calendar days of the institution receiving written notice of a student’s withdrawal or the date which the institution terminates enrolment of the student, whichever is earlier.
EC-Council Programs and Training
CEH Elite and Pro
CEH Elite and Pro are not a part of standard EC-Council offerings and may only be available for a period of 1 year. The following validity applies for each of the components of the offering:
|E-Courseware*||2 years||2 years||2 years|
|Exam Voucher**||1 year||1 year||1 year|
|Next Courseware Version||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Ethical Hacking Videos||1 year||1 year||1 year|
|CQ Labs||x||6 months||6 months|
|C|EH Engage*||x||1 year||1 year|
|Global C|EH Challenge*||x||x||1 year|
|Exam Preparation*||x||x||1 year|
|C|EH Practical****||x||x||1 year|
Additional conditions of validity of the above CEH offerings
The following additional conditions applies for the CEH offerings provided above. These validities are enumerated as per the asterix (*) provided next to each of these offerings:-
*Valid from the date of activation
** Valid for 1 year from the date of activation
*** Maximum five (5) retakes allowed as per exam policy contained here
****CEH Practical dashboard code shall be activated upon clicking on “Ok Proceed” signifying acceptance to the Terms & Conditions provided within the exam dashboard
You can register for the event by filling up the form
You must be the age of majority, in your jurisdiction, to register for the conference. If you are under the age of majority and wish to register for the conference or online training, then you need the consent of your parent or legal guardian who will be bound by terms of registration and conference.
Cancellations & Refunds policy
We may not be able to refund you the entire amount. You may be able to transfer your ticket to a future Hacker Halted event, or to a colleague if you cannot attend the event, you registered for.
In respect of any conference and event, EC-Council reserves the right to alter the content, timetable, location, or speakers, or to cancel it. In such circumstances we accept no liability for the alteration or cancellation, but in the event of a cancellation only, we may refund you any amount, paid by you for registering for the event or conference.
Representations and Warranties:
- You acknowledge and agree that views expressed by speakers at or in connection with a Conference are their own and EC-Council shall not accept any responsibility or liability for any advice given or views expressed during or in connection with the Hacker Halted event.
- Any materials shared or distributed at or in connection with the Hacker Halted event are intended solely for the purpose of information purposes and should not be relied upon by you or others.
- EC-Council does not warranty that the materials are complete or accurate and does not accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any person on any aspect of with the Hacker Halted event and/or any information provided at with the Hacker Halted event.
- EC-Council shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations, including cancelling or rescheduling an event, if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to: acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; strikes or labour disputes; terrorist attack, civil unrest or riots, war, threat of war or other armed conflict, the imposition of sanctions or embargo; infectious diseases, epidemic, or pandemic, biological, nuclear or chemical contamination; any law, action or directive given or taken by a government or public authority; collapse of building, accidents, or fire; or the interruption or failure of a utility service (“Force Majeure”).
- EC-Council will notify you within a reasonable timeframe if an event for which you have registered is affected by a Force Majeure. Such notice may be given by email (even if you have not signed up for marketing emails) or by a statement published on this website.
- If EC-Council is forced to delay, relocate or cancel an event due to any Force Majeure, no refunds will be given, however, EC-Council may, at its sole discretion, exchange event tickets for entry to any future Hacker Halted event.
For any specific query regarding event, please contact us at [email protected]
EC-Council Academia partnership is a free partnership program available to any accredited academia institution. The partnership offers cost-effective, authorized learning resources for enrolled students to properly prepare them for EC-Council certification exams and ultimately their careers post graduation. To learn more about EC-Council Academia partnership, or to formally apply to become an EC-Council Academia Partner Click Here.
Upon submitting an EC-Council Academia partner application there will be a review process of 5-7 days. Once the application is formally accepted and approved by EC-Council, institutions will be provided with access to the EC-Council Academia Partner portal within ASPEN (aspen.eccouncil.org) to access their partner resources, supporting content, and more! Academia Partnership is governed by EC-Council Academia Terms and Conditions as accepted by institutions’ upon their application submission.
EC-Council Aspen Website and Services may include, without limitation: (a) your use and submission of data, text, audio, video, images, certificates, software (including machine images), or other materials (collectively, “Customer Content”) in connection with the EC-Council Aspen Website and/or Services; and (b) the use of various tools, websites, electronic media and services EC-Council may provide to you in connection with the EC-Council Aspen Website and/or Services (collectively, the “EC-Council Aspen Tools”).
USE OF COMMUNICATION SERVICES
- The EC-Council Aspen Website may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively, “Communication Services”), you agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- EC-Council has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, EC-Council reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. EC-Council reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
- EC-Council reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in EC-Council’s sole discretion.
- Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service. EC-Council does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Service and, therefore, EC-Council specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service. Managers and hosts are not authorized EC-Council spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of EC-Council.
- Materials uploaded to a Communication Service may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
EC-Council reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the EC-Council Aspen Website and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice. In the event of suspension, cancellation, or termination, you are no longer authorized to access the part of the website affected by such suspension, cancellation, or termination. In the event of any suspension, cancellation, or termination, the restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the website and the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in the Agreement, shall survive.
- You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and EC-Council as a result of this agreement or use of the EC-Council Aspen Website. EC-Council’s performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of EC-Council’s right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the EC-Council Aspen Website or information provided to or gathered by EC-Council with respect to such use.
- If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
- Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and EC-Council with respect to the EC-Council Aspen Website and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the user and EC-Council with respect to the EC-Council Aspen Website.
- To find more information about our service and its features or if you need assistance with your account, please write to [email protected] and we will reach out to you at the earliest. In the event of any conflict between these Terms of Service and information provided by Customer Support or other portions of our website, these Terms of Service will control.
- We may suspend your service for scheduled maintenance with prior notification to you. During the scheduled maintenance hours, you may not be able to use and access the site or service.